BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thunderous M5 is back with a vengeance - 5litre V10 engine, 507BHP, 7-speed SMG III Box, but until you drive it you will not understand why this car is such a complete and utterly dominating sports car. It's handling is totally sublime - like on rails - planted - sure-footed in the extreme. You will be amazed.

Autocar said it was faster than a Ferrari F430. Jeremy Clarkson wants one and that's saying a lot coming from him.

I ordered this car 4 years ago and here it is. Ladies and gentlemen, the new BMW M5 :-

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spie said:
The thunderous M5 is back with a vengeance - 5litre V10 engine, 507BHP, 7-speed SMG III Box, but until you drive it you will not understand why this car is such a complete and utterly dominating sports car. It's handling is totally sublime - like on rails - planted - sure-footed in the extreme. You will be amazed.

Autocar said it was faster than a Ferrari F430. Jeremy Clarkson wants one and that's saying a lot coming from him.

I ordered this car 4 years ago and here it is. Ladies and gentlemen, the new BMW M5 :-
Nice car Spie, glad to see the wait was worth it!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Great stuff - congrats!

Shame about that traffic jam... did you get any 'looks'?! :cool2:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Congrats :happybirt

You will never want to stop driving I can assure you.
After 15000km it´s still sooooo fun to drive! :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congrats Spie. Looks like you need some open roads though. 3 fast return blasts to Plymouth over the next fortnight should do the trick (private joke :M5thumbs: )

Can you let me know if the rear headphones came with it? IIRC, your dealer ordered them on your car, whereas my dealer cannot order them - they dont come up on his ordering screen.

Hey, you need to update your avatar :typing:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Congratulations and am sure you will really enjoy it :wroom:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Congratulations, the Black interior looks mean:cheers:

·
Registered
271 Posts
congrats - enjoy

you can see the UK deliveries are starting to trickle in - I have to wait till Thursday for mine :wroom:

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Awesome! Congrats!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Opposite_Lock said:
The car is great but Im also very impressed by photo fidelity.

What camera is this?
Thank you :)

Camera is Canon IXUS 700. Images reduced in size and quality for uploading.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wicked Spie!

Truly beautiful...I've noticed your location. I used to live in Didsbury ....Which dealership did you buy from? What options did you plump for?

I can't wait till I get mine....September seems ages off!:grrrr:
Everything I've read on ths board leads me to believe that the beast is worth the wait! Guess you've been blasting around town in this nice weather. Knowing my luck it'll be snowing in September!!!
:cheers:
K.
Spie said:

·
Registered
2020 X3 M - Donington Silver - Adelaide Grey
792 Posts
Spie,
Congrats on your new Beast...nice colour combination!

As there seems to be quite a discussion on seat options, which seats did you go with on your car? I do see that you oredered "full leather", does that mean that the seat backs, door panels and dash are leather?
Thank you.
Kevmmm

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
v10 kkb said:
Which dealership did you buy from? What options did you plump for?
Bought it from Blue Bell in Crewe, same place I bought my E39 M5 back in Jan 2002.

Here are the options I chose :-

Code:
Option	        Code    Detail
Paintwork	A08	Silver Grey Metallic
Upholstery	X3	Full Merino Leather inc Alcantara Roof Lining
Colour	        SW	Black
Trim	        737	Aluminium Shadow
	        488	Lumbar Support Front Seats
	              	Sunroof delete
		        Smokers package delete
	        319	Universal remote control
	        465	Through-loading system inc. Ski Bag
	        496	Heated rear seats
	        761	Sun protection glazing
	        620	Extended Voice Control
	        633	Bluetooth telephone preparation + Telematics
	        677	Hi-fi System Professional Logic 7
	        Z5C	BMW Online
                612     BMW Assist

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Kevmmm said:
As there seems to be quite a discussion on seat options, which seats did you go with on your car? I do see that you oredered "full leather", does that mean that the seat backs, door panels and dash are leather?
Standard seats with lumbar support option. The standard seats are very comfortable and have electric width adjustment. Just can't see the value in the M-Functiion 4MA seats. Only benefit appears to be that they squeeze you a little tighter in fast corners. Definately not worth £1245 for that.

Dash and door panels are all leather and they look stunning in black. The seat backs are leather too, or at least they look like leather. Now I can see, along with the alcantara headlining, why this option was so expensive.

·
Registered
943 Posts
There is much more to MF seats, than a little squeeze in the corners.

MF seats also gives you active headrests ( whiplash protection ) and adjustable upper backrest.

They are more comfortable for the long trips and gives you the possibility to set up a more racey position, when pushing the car on the twisty roads.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts