BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday, a drunk driver hit my M5. His jaguar was totaled. The front end completely crushed in. Both of his front wheels were smashed backwards. He was probably going around 35mph. Sounded like a bomb going off. The impact moved my car about two feet forward, while it stopped his car dead in its tracks. He hit three other cars as well. Including a 2006-8 Mustang Shelby GT. Here are the pics:

Before:

After:

A Vw was hit pretty bad as well

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sorry to hear and to see hurtful pictures like that - wishing your beast a speedy recovery! Though I am dying to see a pic of the Jag -- have you got any??

·
Registered
931 Posts
Man that sucks:crying: but it looks pretty repairable. If that VW wasn't there your beast definitely would have been totaled.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear and to see hurtful pictures like that - wishing your beast a speedy recovery! Though I am dying to see a pic of the Jag -- have you got any??
Yes, my friend got a few pictures of the Jag. Both of his airbags were deployed, so he much have been doing a decent clip.
It looked like it bounced off my car until I noticed that my car was two feet in front of a pole
that is was behind before. Literally looked like he hit a brick wall though. The Beast
is a tough one!

Man that sucks:crying: but it looks pretty repairable. If that VW wasn't there your beast definitely would have been totaled.
There was actually a honda civic and a shelby mustang gt parked between the VW and the M5.
Both of those were sideswiped as well until he found a big enough space between the honda and my
car to put his jag.

I hope the cops threw his *** in jail. How hard is it to not drink and drive? A-hole..... hope you are ok? How do you feel?
He was taken to the hospital because he was so intoxicated. The cops said he was going to be arrested for DUI after that though.
I'm ok. I'm just glad I wasn't in the car at the time and that he didn't injure anyone. I was looking
to get an aftermarket exhaust anyway! His insurance company is not going to have fun with this one.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
He will do it again...

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
hope it has a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I can't wait till I have the Beast back! Hopefully with Tubi Rumore mufflers and an x-pipe :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
My sympathies, umcool - and please let us know how you make out, and please post if you deem any of the repair/replace experiences worth sharing! Even if it means you end up going with a F10!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What's the update? Have repairs been approved by insurance? Did the shop begin work? What is the $$ of damage? How long?
Well it's been towed off to the repair shop. I'm still waiting to
to hear what the damage estimate is by the appraiser. However, since the exhaust is done
I have already ordered Tubi Rumore mufflers, Tubi center section/x-pipe, and I'm
in the process of looking for a straight pipe section 1. I'm guessing RPI would do
the trick?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Woot! Bringing it to the body shop tomorrow. Paint was done yesterday, so this worked out
perfectly. It really is a piece of art!

Edit:
Took the exhaust to Signature this morning. The car is looking great! I'm really glad that I was
able to find this body shop. Luckily the quarter panel damage on the car was minimal enough to
be repaired, which I'm really happy about! There was no damage to the suspension or anything
mechanical on the car. All cosmetic. The Beast took the hit like a tank! All that's left
now is to put on the exhaust, put on the rear bumper, and a major detail. I can't wait
to have my oil burner back!

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Is that a full RPI setup? Good choice!

I thought you said you ordered a Tubi Sec 2 and 3? What made you change your mind?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is that a full RPI setup? Good choice!

I thought you said you ordered a Tubi Sec 2 and 3? What made you change your mind?
Just couldn't put down that kind of $$$ for an incomplete exhaust system. Plus after

I never really saw any proven gains from the Tubi setup, so that was the big deciding factor

in choosing the RPi GTS system.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Just couldn't put down that kind of $$$ for an incomplete exhaust system. Plus after

I never really saw any proven gains from the Tubi setup, so that was the big deciding factor

in choosing the RPi GTS system.
Yeah from pretty much day 1 I decided if an exhaust is to be gotten, it would be RPI. Also helps they are only a short drive away from me.

Hopefully I'll be picking up an E92 M3 and if I do that will definitely get an RPI exhaust put on.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts