BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First day of snow here in Northern Virginia and my beast is covered. No winter tires, etc and still made it home! woot! Thankfully the roads weren't too bad

happy holidays! :2:

Attachments

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
275 Posts
No Skyline runs today!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Yea traffic was bad today here in NOVA it took me a lot to make it home.....

·
Registered
152 Posts
I guess my neck of the woods will be looking like that in the next few days. Guess it's time for the beast to hibernate.zzzzz

·
Registered
90 Posts
damn, you guys are braver than me. I left my car at work in DC and metro'ed my *** home. Looking forward to taking her home today.

·
Registered
856 Posts
What's all that white stuff? Fancy sand? Weird grass? We're down to 50 deg F here in Houston - man it's chilly! I can't just get on it in the M5 right away since the tires are cold - I have to warm them up a few miles. Glad to live in the south with pictures and stories like that! Keep your beasts safe guys.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's pretty impressive that you survived with your summers
luckily the main roads were pretty much clear - i guess the road clearing crews / snow blower folks / salt crews were pro-active. :eek:h:

·
Registered
343 Posts
It took me from 1:15 to 4:30 to get from DC to Leesburg on Thursday. I ride the Loudoun County Commuter Bus thankfully so I didn't have to drive in this. Sorry to say but my M5 won't be out in this Virginia weather. I will have her down in FL during the summer. I just got the car at the end of October but I really don't want to drive her with the salt. I am happy to say I have a daily driver that takes the road and weather abuse.

Where are you guys at that are local. I have only met one other guy locally and he has an M6. I live out in Leesburg off of 7 and Belmont.

·
Registered
438 Posts
It took me from 1:15 to 4:30 to get from DC to Leesburg on Thursday. I ride the Loudoun County Commuter Bus thankfully so I didn't have to drive in this. Sorry to say but my M5 won't be out in this Virginia weather. I will have her down in FL during the summer. I just got the car at the end of October but I really don't want to drive her with the salt. I am happy to say I have a daily driver that takes the road and weather abuse.

Where are you guys at that are local. I have only met one other guy locally and he has an M6. I live out in Leesburg off of 7 and Belmont.
You live in leesburg? i live in leesburg.. i havent seen you around.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You live in leesburg? i live in leesburg.. i havent seen you around.
Yeah, the car doesn't get out much. It isn't my DD and now with the snow and salt on the roads it won't be out again for a while.
I live in the Lansdowne on The Potomac sub division. How about you?

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
logpak23 !

haven't heard from you in a while ! You still working on weekends? Hope you can make it to some meets/drives in the spring time and for Skyline Run VI !

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the snow beast strikes again....

dang this Virginia snow!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Don't miss that NOVA traffic and weather one bit! I used to live in Herndon and Stafford. Now loving it in Cali. Be careful out there! I totaled one car on the I95 near Woodbridge in bad weather. Thankfully it wasn't a beast and I was ok.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts