BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi freaks !

Picked my M5 up from the dealer yesterday after having the 2001 facelift done.
It not only looks good, but the light is MUCH BETTER than the old one. A little longer, but much wider !!

Go ahead and do it (tell you wife you need the money because it´s a "safety-thing")

Nille

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Micke,

I payed 12.500,- danish kroners everything includet (It´s a 1-day operation).

Nille

Originally posted by Micke:
And how much must we spend to get this "safety-thing" ?

Micke

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Nille

Yes, the light IS much better, I noticed that to. And yes again, it looks awsome.

I paid just around 9000 danish kroner. The workshop used 5 hours to install the taillight. It was´t very easy. How long did yours take?

What did you think of the BMW showroom at the carshow in Bella? Did you see the Porsche showroom, it was a poor one, don´t you agree?? But still, nice cars though.

regards,

Mike, Denmark

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the show in Copenhagen was not in any way near the status as an International Motorshow.... So many cars missing: Jaguar, Lamborghini and ....ofcourse the one and only: BMW M5 ! Apart from that I´m sick of all the stands with aero-kit´s for Ford Taunus or Opel Vectra...does´nt really belong at an international show....

About the light it took the dealer a day to make the update. Thay had a few problems with the rear - just as you. They had to make a few extra holes in the chassis
But I´m sure they made a good job.

I´ll mount the original M5 18" next week, with Michelin Alpin 245/40 all the way round for the winterdriving.... Oughh - hate that time of year in DK - Danes can´t drive and it´s even worse in the wintertime.

Nille

Originally posted by Mike/DK:
Hi Nille

Yes, the light IS much better, I noticed that to. And yes again, it looks awsome.

I paid just around 9000 danish kroner. The workshop used 5 hours to install the taillight. It was´t very easy. How long did yours take?

What did you think of the BMW showroom at the carshow in Bella? Did you see the Porsche showroom, it was a poor one, don´t you agree?? But still, nice cars though.

regards,

Mike, Denmark

·
Registered
49 Posts
For the benefit of those who won't bother checking the exchange rates:
12,500 danish krones = $1,438 USD as of 11/15/00.

For some reason, I'll bet either the exchange rate is not looking good for Danish tourists in the US and/or dealers here in the US will charge at LEAST double that.

Has anyone here in the US checked out the price?

-Sam
'00 E39 Silverstone/Black Exclusive

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Sam,

No, the price is both for the tail- and headlight. But as you already figured, the doller is quite high in Denmark right now..
My guess is that the price in the US will be arround $1.800,- otherwise you pay a LOT more than the rest of us.

Good luck !!

PS! Fix that President-thing - it´s having impact on my stocks

Nille

Originally posted by sam:
... I'm assuming this is just for the tail light. Has anyone explored the front setup?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hella is the company making the tail-lights for the 2001 BMW 5 series. Some of you might get a better price from them, than from your BMW dealer.

Nille

Originally posted by MarkM5Lauderdale:
Got the Taillight kit ordered for $295.00 from P.U.M.A. 1-800-354-3552
Mark

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi

I had the change made a little more than a week ago and i´m very about the way it looks, BUT....

My taillights don´t give the same amount of light. I briefed my BMW workshop about it and they told my it might be the refector or something like that. Not what I had expexted.

Nille, do you have the same problem??

regards,

Mike, Denmark

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Mike,

No, I think my new 2001 taillight is even better than the old one, but I have´nt compared the two lights to see the exact difference.

It better be as I think it is....

Nille

Originally posted by Mike/DK:
Hi

I had the change made a little more than a week ago and i´m very about the way it looks, BUT....

My taillights don´t give the same amount of light. I briefed my BMW workshop about it and they told my it might be the refector or something like that. Not what I had expexted.

Nille, do you have the same problem??

regards,

Mike, Denmark

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,

The BMW workshop had a look at the left taillight and did find an error with the "reflector" or something like that. Typical the defected one is mine...(!).

Will get it changed the following week.

regards,

Mike, Denmark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts