BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 15 mile drive, I pull in the garage, On the floor where there would sometimes be some splatter on the floor from condisation coming out of the exhaust was the same splatter. This time is wasnt drying. I felt it and it wasnt water. It wasnt oil neither. Maybe carbon? It felt like it was brake dust. I dont drive the car nearly as much, and dont really drive it very hard anymore. Could that have caused a carbon build up?

I started the car revved it and a normal amount of dark cloud came out at low RPM, up top it was clean. No more incidents with the "stuff" coming out.

Any ideas? Should i make sure i drive the car hard more often?

thanks,

josh.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
josh...

a color would be a good indicator...its black correct? Where does it appear to be comming from other than the exhaust tips?

I would guess that it would either be a small buildup of "weathered" packing material from the mufflers...or some sort of carbon from a less than full warm up after sitting for a while

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SC'D,
It is black. It came out from the ehaust tips only. Either way whether its carbon or weathered muffler stuff, Nothing to worry bout?

thanks

josh.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
probably nothing..just drive the car more. I would love to see another vid of the m5..except inside just so i could have an idea of how loud my cars going to be with the exhaust setup.

If you can..id appreciate it man.

Other than that...you should be ok.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure thing. Give me a day or 2. I have to wait for the salt to dry up a bit. It snowed last night. :crying:
I have a feeling yours will be louder though!!!

josh.

·
Registered
947 Posts
phillym5 said:
Sure thing. Give me a day or 2. I have to wait for the salt to dry up a bit. It snowed last night. :crying:
I have a feeling yours will be louder though!!!

josh.

Josh, sorry to dive off topic, pics look awesome, whats it lowered by/with?
cheers
foxy

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Josh:

Sounds just like some condensation inside the pipes coming out. No worries. How is the 996tt doing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts