BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....I'm going to do some electronic cut outs on my exhaust! I miss sounding like a bat out of hell!!! However, when I had straight pipes I always wanted the ability to quiet her down...Best of both worlds if you ask me!!!

1:03 - 1:07 is pure winning!!! LOL

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have mine and love them. I went with QTP.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Took me a long time to decide between cutouts or exhaust, but went with Supersprint race instead!

However, 2 months and waiting for the damn exhaust makes me think I chose the wrong brand :(

·
2,132 Posts
Yea that video is sounding crazy..

Took me a long time to decide between cutouts or exhaust, but went with Supersprint race instead!

However, 2 months and waiting for the damn exhaust makes me think I chose the wrong brand :(
How much longer!! I really cant wait to hear your exhaust.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its coming :) We just got unlucky with it being sold out and it having to be put back into production (along with other popular items like the E46 Race systems).

If you want the best of both worlds then choose the Evolve E-tronic switchable system with electronic valves.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
I have the QTPs sitting here along with those puddle lights and vent boost gauge........damn I need my car back :crying2:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
They are just open dumps with electronic flaps that open to bypass mufflers and close again. Search on eBay for QTP 2.5.

Cost is around 580 for full package.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Hey, Tell your Grandma she drives nice....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
ah great thanks for that

But when valve is closed arent you losing power?
No, not really! With the cutouts closed, you are back to the stock exhaust, and with them open you bypass the mufflers, and simply that gives you more sound, but no real hp gain!

·
Registered
273 Posts
OK that makes more sense - at least its not power sapping.

So wouldnt need to get muffler delete to get extra noise but with muffler delete of course even louder ..

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Mufflers deleted there is no use for the cutouts then but it will be loud all the time.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
This is not QTP but it shares the same idea of location and setup for cutouts.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I too have the QTPs
A little power is lost down low (torque) but I definitely feel a little boost up top (hp) while it's open.
When it's closed its pretty much stock. That's the beauty of this mod.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts