BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple of weeks ago, I made a request, asking if anyone could help me out, by providing a banner for the upcoming ///M DAY gathering, which will take place on 12/11/04. (For further details, please see this link: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48495 )
I wanted the banner to have the M5 message board logo, which reads WWW.M5BOARD.COM , along with the three ///M colors as the seen on the top section of Gustav's home page. The reason why I want to display this banner is because, Roundel magazine informed me that the M5 meet would be published in one of their upcoming magazines, showing photos of the event, and an article to go with the pictures. This would be FREE ADVERTISING for the M5 message board, once inside the Roundel magazine, which is read by thousands all across America. This will be my way of thanking Gustav for having such a great message board. Shortly after I made my request, a member of this board contacted me, informing me that he would help me out.
This person is known as TERK on the E39 M5 message board. He happens to be located in Canada, and Im located in New Jersey. here is his message to me, which clearly shows his support for the M5 message board:
-------------------------------
(Initial message from TERK)
Robert,
One of the companies I own is Printing, Imaging and Graphics Company so the large format banner you are requesting is something I can provide you. The only issue might be meeting the deadline of December 11 (Sat), which will mean I will need to ship the banner early the week of December 6. Just to confirm what you are looking for, a 24" x 120" vinyl banner (final sizing
will be dictated by height of logo's etc.), navy background, MBOARD.COM logo on left, ///M logo on right using appropriate colour and fonts. I have
attached a mock up (I'm not a designer so excuse the patchwork) let me know if this is the basic layout? I will talk to my design and production staff
shortly and confirm that we can meet the deadline.
Let me know if we are on the same page.
Tony
---------------------------------
(2nd message from TERK)
Robert,
Attached is a layout of the banner for your upcoming BMW meet in December. The size is set at 2’ x 10’ although I will confirm when with my design staff in the morning. Please look at the layout, size and positioning of the logo and the stripes and feel free to suggest any changes. The banner will be printed with UV solvent inks on an outdoor vinyl banner material with grommets for hanging. We might also add a liquid laminate for further protection. This will go to print sometime next week so we can ship early the week of December 6 in time for the event.
Looking forward to your comments.
Regards,
Tony
-----------------------------------
(3rd message from TERK)
Robert,
Thanks for the positive feedback. Please provide me the address as to where you would like the banner shipped. I will probably use Fedex.
I will give you a heads up when it ships. Happy Thanksgiving
Regards,
Tony
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terk's messages to me says it all, and one gets a very good picture of Terk's generosity. I was blown away by his willingness to help out with my cause, having a M5 message board banner in time for the ///M DAY meet.
Terk thank you very much for your assistance with this matter!
Im sure Gustav appreciates it as much as I do, if not more!!!
Bravo Terk! :cheers:

Robert ;)

PS Guys, the M5 Board banner looks awesome!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Robert,

I'm happy to support your ///M Day gathering and also provide some additional exposure for Gustav's M5BOARD.
Thanks for all the kind words. :cheers: I wish you great weather and a good turn out for your event. I regret not being a little closer to the action as I would have enjoyed meeting some of the east coast gang. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
No, thank you Gustav. What would our lives be like without M5BOARD.COM :cheers:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Nice job TERK!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good Job Terk! :thumbsup:

Nice to see a fellow Canadian stepping up to the plate and setting a great example for us all.

Regards,
Vic

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Robert, I'm not a memner of BMWCCA so I don't get the Roundel mag. I will join this coming week but would appreciate it if you could scrounge me a copy of the one that features your meet in case I can't get a copy. Good luck next weekend.:cheers:

Tony

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I think Tin bought a banner like this from ebay...

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Terk said:
Robert, I'm not a memner of BMWCCA so I don't get the Roundel mag. I will join this coming week but would appreciate it if you could scrounge me a copy of the one that features your meet in case I can't get a copy. Good luck next weekend.:cheers:

Tony
Hi Tony,
Sure..... I'll make it a point, to get you a copy of this partiular edition, so you can see the photos of the M5 meet along with your banner in the PICS. Not a problem!
Robert cherrsagai

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Very cool Tony, very cool!!!! That was very nice of you to do that!!!!!! I can't wait to see it in Roundel! Do you have any other pictures of it?

And I think I speak for the others too, but thank you for ACTUALLY reading (and responding to--and in a nice way even) our posts (even my loose ones :hihi: ) all this time!!!

Anita

1 - 11 of 11 Posts