BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just left the "Show and Shine" portion of M-Fest. All I can say is Wow! :biggrinbounce:Great sponsors, great raffle prizes, great cars and great people. It was nice to put faces with names and meet other enthusiasts.

Laidback has put on one helluva event for us all to enjoy. Those of you who were unable to make it, missed out. :sad2:

Chirs, thank you for all the hard work you have put in over the past few months and for allowing us to be a small part of the festivities. :applause: We look forward to many more M-fest's to come.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I agree 100%

Big kudos to Chris (Laidback) for organizing an amazing event. I for one had a lot of fun and felt the timing of the events went very smoothly.

I just wish I had bought more raffle tickets, since the sponsor prizes were great!

THANKS CHRIS!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Chris....awesome job!!!!

Tao was da bombbbbbbb...what a way to cap off the event!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Thank you Chris! Really fun and well attended event! I hope you are relaxing and enjoying the rest of the weekend. You did a really spectacular job.

Great blend of a variety of events. Hope you all had fun at the track today. I got a few hours sleep, stopped in Baker (Bob's Big Boy) for breakfast with friends and had the smoothest drive back to Southern CA ever.

You genuinely care about making sure everyone has a good time, and it definitely makes the difference.

Tao was a blast...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Chris,

Just wanted to thank you for the awesome event! We really enjoyed the trip!

Will

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Thank you Chris! Really fun and well attended event! I hope you are relaxing and enjoying the rest of the weekend. You did a really spectacular job.

Great blend of a variety of events. Hope you all had fun at the track today. I got a few hours sleep, stopped in Baker (Bob's Big Boy) for breakfast with friends and had the smoothest drive back to Southern CA ever.

You genuinely care about making sure everyone has a good time, and it definitely makes the difference.

Tao was a blast...
You're right on all points. Everything was great EXCEPT getting up this morning. But not a single CHP on southbound 15. Thanks to Chris for a great time, and also to Haidar and Sobi and whoever else helped out, and to the excellent sponsors.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry I missed it!

Sorry I missed all of the fun, but a good friend came to town for the weekend for her birthday so I elected to spend it with her playing golf :) I mean, when a beautiful woman who loves golf (and is a 8 handicap) wants you to join her it is hard to say no!

I asked her if she wanted to go to Mfest, but she could care less about cars :(

Sounds like everyone had a good time. Hope you enjoyed Las Vegas, minus all of the wind and sand blowing everywhere late Saturday afternoon.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Thanks Chris !!

had a blast !

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I agree, THANK YOU Chris....Mahal kita lovelove :hihi::hihi:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Pare!!!! Salamat ulit! I can't thank you enough for putting this event up...I mean we've gone to do so many car related activities...but this just tops everything off...

I also want to thank the other guys who stepped up to help out chris...to name a few, sobi, haidar, raff, 2 daves, stein, the sponsors...damn too many to mention hehehehe!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Chris,

What can I say good Job buddy on this event! I think you are in need of a Vacay after all this stress you went through making sure everybody was happy on this trip!!

Anyways it was a pleasure meeting everybody and looking forward to the next event!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I and my wife had fun. I always have a good time hanging out with you guys. I am ready for the next one. I just need to get a little bit of rest and I am good to go.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
To experience Mfest in person is to realize how inadequate saying "thanks" to Chris and the rest of the crew for the incredible amount of time, work, and financial commitment he/they put in seems...but here goes...THANKS!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Pare!!!! Salamat ulit! I can't thank you enough for putting this event up...I mean we've gone to do so many car related activities...but this just tops everything off...

I also want to thank the other guys who stepped up to help out chris...to name a few, sobi, haidar, raff, 2 daves, stein, the sponsors...damn too many to mention hehehehe!
I fully agree!!! THANKS Chris epecially!!! :applause:

·
Registered
756 Posts
I posted this on the mother thread but since this the thank you Laidback thread, here its again...

I need a couple of days to get my pics together also, still recovering...;) For those of you who couldnt make it, well i dont need to tell you that you missed out big time. It was a great opportunity to meet like minded enthusiasts and check out some awesome cars. Not to mention seeing the HPF M3 have a mid-flight snack(tuned C6 ZO6) on the way to vegas:applause:. Most of the people i met and spoke to that werent regulars on m5board had a hard time believing that this was the first Mfest, thats how well this was planned, just amazing. As always, getting an event like this off the ground the first time takes so much more work than the subsequent times, and there are always people who dont believe that it will happen or that its not gonna be as big as it is rumored to be, etc. Well rest assured that this event was not only BIGGER than anyone thought, it was also BETTER than anyone could have imagined. Laidback deserves a crown or something, himself and a small group of individuals put a tremendous amount of time(many months), effort, and money(dont even ask) in to this event for the M community and as a person who has been to other meets and events, nothing came close to this....nothing. We had raffles for amazing prizes, a goodie bag with some awesome stuff(hat, tshirt, snacks, and vendor stuff) and so much more i cant even think of right now. Its very nice to know that aside from the great cars we all saw at Mfest, we also had the chance to meet the great people behind the wheels. Putting faces with handles was very cool also. We had people from as close as Vegas to as far as Sweden(Gustav!) showing up:M5thumbs:. And I didnt hear any terrible stories of people getting too crazy, doing stupid ****, etc. I will be trying to wait as patiently as possible for next years event, how it could be better, i cant even imagine. Again, big thanks to Laidback and his "team M-fest" that made all of this happen, this is for you....:goldcup:.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Chris,

Thanks for all your hard work, the whole event was great. It's not easy planning something that size for such a fussy group. :biggrinbounce:

I was one of three Utah guys that you met with John. We didn't make the Saturday drive, but probably would have been sleeping in the car had we made it out of bed. We got to the room about an hour before the drive started that morning. We hit up Tao and some other spots that night.

Tao was awesome both nights. Minus the small security issue with our party on Saturday night, but I understand it got worked out. I spent a majority of the evening at a table by the upstairs dance floor with some other friends in town from Salt Lake, New York and of course a group of random blondes.

Another Vegas trip down and i'm a lot poorer, but i've got some good stories and some new friends... and I think there's a "dancer" texting me... ??????

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would like to thank Chris for making this event happen, he put an enormous amount of time and effort into the m-fest weekend. Not only leading up to the event, but also answering fifty thousand telephone calls.:eek:oohhh: I would like to thank the Bowens, who always make us feel at home when we are in vegas, and took us on a nice saturday excursion. They also showed up at the track on sunday in pahrump to cheer the m-fester's on. I would also like to thank Sobi and wife:applause:, Gavin who was working hard on saturday and coordinated the sunday track event.:cheers: By the way, for anyone who was not there at the track you missed the highlight of the century when we spotted a CADILLAC CTS-v (four door) pass a Porsche GT-3ouich. In my lifetime i thought i would definately spot big foot before I'd see that, but hey its a crazy world.:1::1::1:And lastly thx to the sponsors, especially eurotech for the barbeque, and for showing up to the track with a beautiful porsche. The porsche was soo smooth around those turns, and judging from the stable of cars in his shop, they know how to make them go and go faaaaaaast.:thumbsup::cheers:

·
Registered
547 Posts
:applause:Chris,

Thank you for getting all of us out to Vegas and setting up such a great event. Looking forward to next years.

Reactions: Laidback

·
Registered
865 Posts
I would like to thank Chris for making this event happen, he put an enormous amount of time and effort into the m-fest weekend. Not only leading up to the event, but also answering fifty thousand telephone calls.:eek:oohhh: I would like to thank the Bowens, who always make us feel at home when we are in vegas, and took us on a nice saturday excursion. They also showed up at the track on sunday in pahrump to cheer the m-fester's on. I would also like to thank Sobi and wife:applause:, Gavin who was working hard on saturday and coordinated the sunday track event.:cheers: By the way, for anyone who was not there at the track you missed the highlight of the century when we spotted a CADILLAC CTS-v (four door) pass a Porsche GT-3ouich. In my lifetime i thought i would definately spot big foot before I'd see that, but hey its a crazy world.:1::1::1:And lastly thx to the sponsors, especially eurotech for the barbeque, and for showing up to the track with a beautiful porsche. The porsche was soo smooth around those turns, and judging from the stable of cars in his shop, they know how to make them go and go faaaaaaast.:thumbsup::cheers:
Hey Ghostryder,

It was a lot of fun at the Spring Mountain track. The guys who did not make it out missed out big time. I took your advice and dropped my lap times down to 2.52. Not bad for a wimpy Boxster with a passenger. You missed seeing me pass that race rubber shod CTS-V on my last run mid corner. :biggrinbounce:

Next time I will go solo and target a 2.4x.

BTW, you forgot to take home those cases of that Plum tea. :)

Take care

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just sitting and reminiscing on how great was and realized aside from all the great memories and pictures i got, I also have this awesome T-shirt and an incredible hat to wear around to represent! A handful of people had a lot of responsibilities to ensure we had a great time in Vegas. So another big thanks to Thaichi808 and Mcinco for the shirts and hats, they wouldnt have come out so awesome if it werent for these guys. Thanks again to everyone...:cheers:

Reactions: thaichi808
1 - 20 of 40 Posts