BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an absolute blast racing the beast this past weekend at the Texas 1/2 mile top speed event!

Overall, I was pretty content with the way she ran (considering my mods). However, I was really hoping to break 150mph.

I did 4 runs in all: vs. Maserati GT Sport (stock); vs. E92 M3 (VF650 s/c, Borla sections 2 and 3); vs. F10 M5 (competition package); vs. E60 M5 (ESS tune/Eisenmann section 3).

My top speed run in the 1/2 mile was: 141.44mph

Hope you guys like the video I put together :M5launch:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5Lb_-14FvDY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="720" width="1280"></iframe>

·
Registered
648 Posts
This is great. I hope that something like that comes to an area near me.

Reactions: DocsV10

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Did you happen to find out if they are going to have another one down here soon?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Thanks for posting! I can't wait for the Shift S3ctor event in the fall to get back onto the airstrip. Going to try a 100 octane fuel tune this time around.

The E92 M3 had a VF SC....ah....I haven't heard great things about the VF kit. I have two friends, an E9x M3 and an E85 Z4M, both with VF kits and both which had underrated power, mostly due to the tune provided by VF. Now it makes sense how you were able to beat a SC E92 M3 :)

Great job!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: MrClean888

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! Not too bad! Any videos vs the F10 M5 and the other ess M5?
Thanks!

I got destroyed by the F10, and barely lost to the ESS M5; but I'll post the videos soon!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you happen to find out if they are going to have another one down here soon?
I spoke to Blake (the owner of WannaGoFast.com which sponsored this event) and he said they would be back in TX, but not until Spring or Fall of next year (2015).

I'm sure we can organize something between us DFW guys for a local event. Better yet, the Texas Mile is coming up in October! :M5launch:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for posting! I can't wait for the Shift S3ctor event in the fall to get back onto the airstrip. Going to try a 100 octane fuel tune this time around.

The E92 M3 had a VF SC....ah....I haven't heard great things about the VF kit. I have two friends, an E9x M3 and an E85 Z4M, both with VF kits and both which had underrated power, mostly due to the tune provided by VF. Now it makes sense how you were able to beat a SC E92 M3 :)

Great job!
I was surprised that I beat him as well. He should've walked me (considering he has 600rwhp). Regardless, it definitely put a smile on my face beating a S/C M3 lol...

His exhaust note sounds amazing!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I was surprised that I beat him as well. He should've walked me (considering he has 600rwhp). Regardless, it definitely put a smile on my face beating a S/C M3 lol...

His exhaust note sounds amazing!
600whp is a bold claim...that doesn't add up then. I agree he should've smoked you if he really was putting down that much power.

From my experience, I haven't been able to beat my friend's SC E90 M3 from a 40mph rolling start and he is making about 500whp. We've raced multiple times and the outcome is always the same.

But then again...I've been able to beat my other friend's SC E93 M3 (same ESS VT2-625 kit as my friend's SC E90 M3) multiple times. The E93 M3 is about ~130lbs heavier than our E60's. But as Paul mentioned in the other thread...Bill is getting old so he may not have been shifting at the optimum times :p. He put down about 485whp iirc.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice! Not too bad! Any videos the tur ilevs the F10 M5 and the other ess M5?
I had a great time meeting Neil and everyone else. As far as the MPH numbers- I looked at some historical trap speeds, we were about where we should have been for our mods, I'm sure the temp and traction issues hurt us a little. The F10s went between 143 to 148 if I recall correctly. The M5 did well in the 1/2 mile with lots of other comparable type cars running in the 125-134 range. Neil turned the highest E60 MPH of the day, I was 141.15 so .29 mph slower.

Great time, looking forward to the video!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a great time meeting Neil and everyone else. As far as the MPH numbers- I looked at some historical trap speeds, we were about where we should have been for our mods, I'm sure the temp and traction issues hurt us a little. The F10s went between 143 to 148 if I recall correctly. The M5 did well in the 1/2 mile with lots of other comparable type cars running in the 125-134 range. Neil turned the highest E60 MPH of the day, I was 141.15 so .29 mph slower.

Great time, looking forward to the video!
Was nice meeting you as well!

They should be posting all the results soon.

Will be nice to see how we stack up against some of the other cars that were there (e.g., GTRs, Lambos, Vettes, Vipers, Stangs, etc.).

·
Registered
65 Posts
damn i just moved to Dallas. when is the next one of these.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hey OP,

Thanks for posting up the video. Very nice job with the graphics and editing as well.

Looks and sounds like you and the others had a great time.

Your car looks, sounds, and performs great! (I usually check out when you post about your latest mod, so it is very cool to see it all come together).

Thanks again, and take care.

Kindly,

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
damn i just moved to Dallas. when is the next one of these.
Welcome to Dallas! We should meet up sometime and I'll introduce you to the other local DFW guys; great group!

I spoke to the owner/founder of wannaGOFAST - High-Speed Racing - Home, and he said they would return to Texas next fall/winter in 2015. However, the Texas mile is coming up in October, and there are a few of us thinking about heading down there for the event.:cheers:

Reactions: Rlny and UNCIVIL

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey OP,

Thanks for posting up the video. Very nice job with the graphics and editing as well.

Looks and sounds like you and the others had a great time.

Your car looks, sounds, and performs great! (I usually check out when you post about your latest mod, so it is very cool to see it all come together).

Thanks again, and take care.

Kindly,
Hey Lee:

Thanks for the kind words! It was an amazing time; first time I legally opened up the beast!

What a thrill!
:flag::checkeredflag::goldcup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts