BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

BeastPower Motorsports Inc. is working with a supplier who is looking to make a new exhaust for the e34 M5. We would like to know what you owners are interested in seeing in a new exhaust system for your M5? Any ideas such what you feel to be acceptable pricing, weight, tip size, etc. Also, what kind of exhaust note would you like to hear? So please, throw out your ideas, as they are highly valued.

Thanks everyone for their time and interest, and please don't hesitate to contact me.

Travis

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ideally I am looking for a stainless exhaust with 78-83mm dual round straight tips and an exhaust note similar to the Eisenmann race exhaust that can be used with the factory center resonator or with a separate optional intermediate/cross pipe in order to delete the factory center resonator completely(track use) or free flow/tuned resonator to replace the factory center resonator(street use) if you choose to. Pricing for the muffler would be nice in the $500-$700 range, the resonator around $300-$500 range, and the intermediate/cross pipe around $200-300. Having choices of 1) 2 tip sizes for the muffler and 2) for a tuned resonator or intermediate pipe would be great. As for weight, anything lighter than the factory lead weights would be excellent. :haha: These are all merely suggestions/pipe dreams but I think I can safely say this is what most people on this forum would like to see available for their babies as long as the pieces are of the highest quality and fitment. :noSMG:

I'm happy to see your interest in helping us mod. our beasts and am eager to see the finished product if it ever comes to fruition. :1:

FYI - I am more than happy to test fit and evaluate your pieces if necessary.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Is this going to be like a custom setup?

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I agree withe the rest, but I believe the Supersprint tips allready look horrid, and anything bigger would be even worse. Stick to the single-wall 70mm please!!!!

M5sedan said:
Ideally I am looking for a stainless exhaust with 78-83mm dual round straight tips .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Stevie.....have you seen what the Eisenmann 83mm tips look like on our cars???? They look SWEEEEEET and fit nice and snug!!!!...... :7: Maybe 73-80mm would be a nice compromise......something a little larger than stock but still fitting nicely in the factory bumper slot :cool:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your information and interest in helping us provide a great product for you, it really helps. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Travis

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
As well as the looks she will have to meet the 98db at 4500rpm for track day

and of course POWER GAINS :wroom: :wroom: :wroom:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all,

Trying to bring this thread back up to the top for some more activity. Does anybody else have some input on what they would like to see in this new exhaust system? Your input is crucial during this process.

Thank you so much,

Travis

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
M5Kid said:
Hi all,

Trying to bring this thread back up to the top for some more activity. Does anybody else have some input on what they would like to see in this new exhaust system? Your input is crucial during this process.

Thank you so much,

Travis
--------------------

hi M5kid
I agree with Stevie - when I look at my Supersprint tips, I think they could have made a better design of it, but they more than make up for the looks by the wonderful note that emanates from them.

I would like something light - same kind of sound as the Supersprint, and even lighter if possible.

Perhaps even - a Black metal type of colour? I mean if we want the exhaust to look good also, I think a black type would perhaps really add a bit more of the "stealth" factor??

Next I will be asking for revolving led tips!?!? Just joking.

But seriously I would be interested.

Also a question . . . what is the difference in noise between the Eisenmann and the Supersprint back boxes?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jahangeer,

Thanks for the input, it is really appreciated.

The Supersprint systems tend to be more quite, deep, and complex sounding exhausts. They are very pleasing to the ear, as you know. The Eisenmann exhausts tend to be louder, racier, and meaner. The Eisenmann is probably going to be a louder exhaust note decibel wise, along with having a more raw exhaust note.

Both are truly great sounding...

Travis

·
Registered
189 Posts
For me personally I would really appreciate the exhaust bolting to the factory flanges. Most of the clamps and the muffler shop weld jobs look terrible. Along with that goes mounting to the factory mounts. I love the way the stock tips look and maybe something similar but slightly larger with no writing would be good. The sound would have to be louder without being annoying. If you've ever heard the active autoworks exhaust for the e46 m3 you know what I mean. Having two different options might be a good idea. If it could be done without replacing the resonator like you have to with supersprint would greatly improve price and my satisfaction.

BTW I drive my car up to Beaverton on a regular basis so if you needed another test subject I would be more than happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts