BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't make my mind up whether or not it's working properly. What's the best way to test it? Just shine a torch into the sensor with the car with it's lights on and see?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tested it in the dark and there doesn't seem to be any difference when you shine the light. I shined a torch right at the mirror and it practically blinds me in the driver seat so I am pretty sure this isn't working at all. I guess it's a case of next steps now. Check the fuse? I will try to dig out the fuse diagram and see if I can see which one it is. Is there any way to check the connector at the back of the mirror to verify that there is a supply to the mirror?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am fairly confident it's the mirror. But since I have to send the mirror away for repair I wanted to dramatically increase my confidence by checking the voltages at the connections before forking out the money for shipping/repair in the US. Does anyone know of a company in the UK that does this that might be more cost effective? So far all the posts point to a US electronics company Sybasmes (spelling).

I have already mailed Stacy at this company and I am awaiting a reply from her.

Cheers

Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.