BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
registration is due in a month and being sent to a test only. any pointers before i take her in?? miles at 17x,xxxmi's. thinking about doing plugs, o2 sensors and fuel filter.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
registration is due in a month and being sent to a test only. any pointers before i take her in?? miles at 17x,xxxmi's. thinking about doing plugs, o2 sensors and fuel filter.
How long have you owned the car? If it's unclear of whether those items were changed out recently or not, change them. Plugs won't make play a role in smog. It will be the O2 sensors amongst the items you listed. If there are no codes, you should be able to pass no problem.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Why would you replace parts before you know something is actually wrong? Do you have an SES light, or Peake codes?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
had the car 4 years. the previous owner said he got all that stuff done not too long before i bought the car, except for the o2's. no ses light, but the last smog i remember i barely passed. i just hate dealing with smogs. this is my weekend car and only gets driven no 1-3days a week.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Fair enough. Do you recall what was barely passing on the last smog test? Might help determine what parts to consider.

·
Registered
72 Posts
if you don't have any codes or such, just make sure the cats are hot when you go in. I would drive about 20-30 minutes with fwy drives to get those suckers hot.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
passed on first try, WOOT WOOT!! not sure it it helped but i changed the oil and o2 sensors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts