BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
The Mrs and I try to make it to the Franklin CnC at least 1x per year- the next time we are headed out ill drop a note in here if anyone wants to meet us there. We take turns riding in her E46 M3 and my E60.
>>

Cool. We were actually looking to rent in Franklin (despite never being there...although we were in Murphy) but we ran out of time and wound up near Knox. But we are looking to explore there asap. I just can't do The Dragon with the wife. (We did it in Sept...in a rented Buick. Whee!)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Last year after our 2nd run, someone headed up the dragon in a huge RV towing a jeep... it took over an hour before it was clear again hahaha

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I had the wife yelling to "slow down!" (I'm in a freaking Buick! It only GOES "slow down"), while 1000 bikes zoomed past me. But at least I can say I "road the Dragon"! (But looking forward to a redo with the beast)

·
Registered
213 Posts
>>>

Trying to find navigator to do poker run. If not, I'll at least show up Sat AM. Probably Fri PM at Foothills too.
You can get away without a navigator. There's enough cars that you can usually just follow the herd.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Yeah...but it'd be more fun with a nav. Haven't met enough people yet...and those that know me would rather NOT go over The Dragon with me. ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have an imola red e39.... I'm in chattanooga.. would love to see some of the other local M's! sometimes i feel like I live in mustang/camaro city

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I have an imola red e39.... I'm in chattanooga.. would love to see some of the other local M's! sometimes i feel like I live in mustang/camaro city
>>

LOL...right? Haven't seen another E-39 *at all*. Actually...not sure I've seen ANY M5s. Loving 100% gas 93 octane $2.59 though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
>>

LOL...right? Haven't seen another E-39 *at all*. Actually...not sure I've seen ANY M5s. Loving 100% gas 93 octane $2.59 though.
I just bought mine in March. You sure don't see them around here. I am doing some work Knoxville area (Tazewell)
We did see a white F10 at a nearby Ingles twice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
glad to see another e39 m5 owner in the area!! The Foothills mall show is pretty good and goes all summer. There is always the European Auto Garage Cars and Coffee events, they have a poker urn coming up the first weekend of April on the first and then the Harpers Cars and Coffee on sunday april 30th at West Town Mall. They both have them going all summer usually at least one a month. Hit them up on facebook and you can keep track of them. I do all my work my self, used to work at Grayson and European Auto Garage and a few others in town. I'm only in town on the weekends and would be more than happy to work on it then at my shop in Lenoir City but i highly recommend European Auto Garage and Kadunza. Have fun in Gburg and just hit me up if you need anything. Don'y know if ill have my m5 back together by the poker run but ill have one of my bimmers or my ctsv wagon out there. Hit up the Dragon, foothills pky and the skyway. you can do a loop that hits all three. Its an awesome drive.
I made it late to the last Harpers C&C my car was so dirty that I just parked all the way in the back. Doubt anyone even saw it. Are you going to be at any upcoming events?

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I just bought mine in March. You sure don't see them around here. I am doing some work Knoxville area (Tazewell)
We did see a white F10 at a nearby Ingles twice.
>>

There's an F10 in my neighborhood somewhere. Still no E-39's though. *Considering* selling/trading mine for truck+ bike. Will have to do a Dragon run first though.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I made it late to the last Harpers C&C my car was so dirty that I just parked all the way in the back. Doubt anyone even saw it. Are you going to be at any upcoming events?
I stop by Foothills any Friday I've got nothing else going on. Ate at Foothills Mining Co last Friday first. Big $, but awesome food.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm from BG Kentucky, but I'm in Nashville a lot...be back down on Feb. 3rd to see K Flay at Cannery BR in Nashville. Drive an 00 M5, anthracite w flat black Niche 18*9.5 wheels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey all, I just joined the forums and actually beginning the process of looking into purchasing an e39 likely next year. I purchased an Honda S2k a few years back and it took me around a year of educating and looking to find what I wanted. If any of you local owners are going to be at C&C Franklin or live in North Nashville, I'd love to stop by and get the pointers and pit falls of owning an e39 M5. I rented an e60 M5 on Turo a few months back and it was a truly an amazing machine, but the e39 is what I'd prefer. Loved them since they came out in 2000 and now I'd like to join the club!

141 - 157 of 157 Posts
About this Discussion
156 Replies
45 Participants
teambft
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing