BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ten Fastest Sedans Ever Made

Having 2 of these currently in my garage makes me a proud owner, but I must say that keeping the E60 M5 was the best decision, as I absolutely love this car and won't ever give it up. They are 2 completely different animals, but the E60 is just something special. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
There is a few cars I know that should be faster than ours on that list but I'm not complaining! lol. I've broken the 200mph barrier on my car but let off shortly after. It had more juice in it thats for sure. I know my father's S65 AMG is good till 227mph~ or so, don't ask how I know. :blink:

I agree though this car is something special! Makes everything else seem like a downgrade unless its equal on power or greater, like a super car for example.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The Ten Fastest Sedans Ever Made

Having 2 of these currently in my garage makes me a proud owner, but I must say that keeping the E60 M5 was the best decision, as I absolutely love this car and won't ever give it up. They are 2 completely different animals, but the E60 is just something special. :M5thumbs:
The very reason I enjoy owning (and driving) my E60 M5! It's in a class of it's own :noSMG::M5launch:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
It's hard to describe the joy of driving my car. I've owned it for over 5 years and it's still a blessing to drive it daily. Something about that NA V10 that sounds so refined.

Dan

·
Registered
156 Posts
DAMN!! We #1?? Awesome. I have to share

·
Registered
156 Posts
How can Wikipedia say this about the CTS-V?

Cadillac CTS-V´s top speed is 198 mph (319 KPH), which makes this car the world's fastest production sedan."

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's hard to describe the joy of driving my car. I've owned it for over 5 years and it's still a blessing to drive it daily. Something about that NA V10 that sounds so refined.

Dan
Couldn't be more true. When I ordered my new M6 GC, my friends told me I was crazy for keeping the M5, but they just didn't understand. Nothing beats the sound of that V10 and it still puts a smile on my face every time I start it up. It's just so raw -- something that my new M doesn't even come close to matching.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Fastest Cars

You are absolutely correct C's Bimmer, our V-10 M-5's are special machines. I would not mind owning any of the machines listed. But the V-10 M5 is simply superb in its capabilities and driving experiences!!!!!

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
Not bad for an old lady......about time she got recognized :M5thumbs:

Reactions: Killer-Bimmer

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
There is a few cars I know that should be faster than ours on that list but I'm not complaining! lol. I've broken the 200mph barrier on my car but let off shortly after. It had more juice in it thats for sure. I know my father's S65 AMG is good till 227mph~ or so, don't ask how I know. :blink:

I agree though this car is something special! Makes everything else seem like a downgrade unless its equal on power or greater, like a super car for example.
Maybe you're thinking of other sports cars and not sedans? This link is only about sedans and non-modified sedans (except limiter removal) and if I'm not mistaken, your dad's S65 is modified to about 738hp right? I thought I read that in a different thread.

How can Wikipedia say this about the CTS-V?

Cadillac CTS-V´s top speed is 198 mph (319 KPH), which makes this car the world's fastest production sedan."
Check out this old article which has the M5 at #19 out of the top 50 fastest cars, all types, not just sedans. The CTS-V is listed at 191mph.
Top 50: Fastest Cars

That's awesome, but the king is about to be served:

"Quickest, Fastest, Most Powerful Sedan Ever"

Dodge Product Reveal on Livestream
2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat can hit 204 mph | Fox News

I think this will take the lead as the new 4 door king of the hill.
From most of the info I've seen, the M5 goes to 205mph so even if we use the 204mph of the top 10 sedans article, the Charger Hellcat will just tie it. :tonquesmilie:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Wonder why the CTS-V is not on this list?

Typically heat generated by FI pulls timing and delimits the rated engine HP.

Any FI car claiming a top speed based on rated HP and drag Cd I would question and demand GPS verified proof.

The M5 is blessed with cooling system that not only allows reaching top speed but stay there with out delimiting or at least till the tank runs dry in 18-minutes est.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts