BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed in the past couple of weeks the the "up" botton, the one with the arrow, only on the driver's side, for the climate control is sticking more and more--sometimes I actually have to punch it (the buttom not the accelerator HA HA) to get it to increase the temp by one unit. Any one else with this problem? Potential solutions? First time I've had an issue with this--I've got like 49,500 miles on my '02, so about 2 weeks 'till my warranty's gone!

Thanks very much!

Anita

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Drive directly to your nearest dealer.

If that fails, then spray it with electronics contact cleaner. (Note: I am not a professional and I have no friggin' idea what's back there... so terrible things might result. But I revived the radio in my '88 M6 with liberal applications of contact cleaner. And it works to clean MAFs, so it must be magic. :haha: )

That's my free advice, which as always, is worth what it cost. (please don't exclude me from your thread! :) )

·
10,456 Posts
My guess is that your Up button is about to break off. No worries, even if your warranty is up, as you can buy a "button kit" for about $15 from your dealer and the new pieces just snap in. Heck, if it breaks, pm me, i might have an "up" button on my pannel (i bought it a while back for my 528, and have since used a couple of buttons on the M5 as well).
Mike

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
louv said:
Drive directly to your nearest dealer.

If that fails, then spray it with electronics contact cleaner. (Note: I am not a professional and I have no friggin' idea what's back there... so terrible things might result. But I revived the radio in my '88 M6 with liberal applications of contact cleaner. And it works to clean MAFs, so it must be magic. :haha: )

That's my free advice, which as always, is worth what it cost. (please don't exclude me from your thread! :) )
louv,

No worries about being excluded. Heck I even sometimes end up being best buds with those I have a tiff with. And I'm really out of sight out of mind, unless you constantly harrass me that is :haha: And free advice is the best!!

I do need to make my final underwarranty appoint for my M5 though--thanks for remining me BTW.

And I like your idea of attaching a smiley thing to your signature to show the silliness level of your post.

Anita

mottati said:
My guess is that your Up button is about to break off. No worries, even if your warranty is up, as you can buy a "button kit" for about $15 from your dealer and the new pieces just snap in. Heck, if it breaks, pm me, i might have an "up" button on my pannel (i bought it a while back for my 528, and have since used a couple of buttons on the M5 as well).
Mike
Mike,
Thanks so much! And I'm glad to learn that the fix could only cost $15. I'll PM you promptly when it breaks :haha:
Anita

·
Registered
240 Posts
Anita:

You shouldn't need the warm button for another three months or more! Summer is around the corner!

Eric

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, I just got my button replaced--under warranty no less. And my tech didn't replace the rest of the buttons because the sheen wasn't the same. And not only that, he cleaned out those little vent things under the button that draws in air to measure the car cabin temp--VERY COOL--no pun intended there, Eric :D

I get so excited over such little things :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Anita

1 - 6 of 6 Posts