BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ~!

I would like hear some knowledgeble memers oppinon on custom X piping job.

This place is usally where I go to do some minor tune ups like exhasut and ects ~~

I previoullys did a straight pipe on my e39 and car sounded mean and raw but it just wouldnt accelerate like a proper e39 m5 and all the

chest pushing torque was gone ~ So after enjoying the sound for a 3days ~ I went back to the shop and told them to make me a custom

X pipe ~ Included photos are the results and I would like to know if the location of the Xpipe is in appropraite spot. I was under the

impression that location of X piping also changes how the car drives~<----------correct me if I'm wrong. !!!ouich

Also I would like to know about having too many welded sections. I was concerend that having too many welded section may create uneven

exhaust flow. However the Shop told me that, it would be nice to have a one smooth nicely banded piping but this isnt bad either..

did I blow my $190 ???? Maybe I shouldve went for the Spersprint X pipe??????

Car does drives much better than before with straight pipes(to proove this I dont even need to put my car on a Dyno !!Even my wife who always seats at the back told me car feels slow and tourqueless!!)

However is my car performing better than before when it was with stock resornators??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
If i could find a shop here that would charge me 190$ to do that i would be extremely happy with it. I had a shop quote me 250+tax to cut out my resonators. No x-pipe nothing. Welds look very nice too!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If i could find a shop here that would charge me 190$ to do that i would be extremely happy with it. I had a shop quote me 250+tax to cut out my resonators. No x-pipe nothing. Welds look very nice too!
Thank you for your thoughts interms of price wise ! What about having too many weled sections in the piping and about location ???

Well its only $190 because of the curreny difference ~ It would be about the same as what you said in US dollars~ :grinyes: but over hear no tax

if you pay cash ~

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I would not be worried about too many welded sections disrupting flow. The only issue id ever see is poor welds and cracking, but those welds appear to be clean so i would not worry about that. If you think that is a lot of welds, you should check out a DIXIS exhaust. The dont use bent pipe.

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/2698pict0029.jpg

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks a lot like the magnaflow X pipe.
Yeah it kinnda does huh?? any comments on the location of the x pipe and performance???

I would not be worried about too many welded sections disrupting flow. The only issue id ever see is poor welds and cracking, but those welds appear to be clean so i would not worry about that. If you think that is a lot of welds, you should check out a DIXIS exhaust. The dont use bent pipe.

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/2698pict0029.jpg
holly ~~cow that is a lot of pieces~ but dixis look like it has very organised turn and shape. where as my pipeseems little bit ~!! I'll forget

it .!! since it seems like a minor things to worry about. !! any comments on the location and wheather it is better to replace the stock resornator?? When my car had stock resonators car accelerated really smoothly and strong ~

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The system overall looks decently designed so I wouldnt expect the welds to make any appreciable difference. Performance is probably close to the stock system, likely no noticeable difference. Straight pipes on the other hand will rob some power without complimenting mods.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Looks good, don't change a thing and don't worry about welds.

If you feel like you lost power when you removed the resonators, then I suggest reinstalling them.

And no, you did not waste your money. The system you have does exactly what a SS one does, at less of a cost.

BTW, I was quoted $300 for a custom x-pipe at my exhaust shop, for reference.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Looks a really well made bit of kit, nice neat welds.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The system overall looks decently designed so I wouldnt expect the welds to make any appreciable difference. Performance is probably close to the stock system, likely no noticeable difference. Straight pipes on the other hand will rob some power without complimenting mods.
thank you for your thought!!

Looks good, don't change a thing and don't worry about welds.

If you feel like you lost power when you removed the resonators, then I suggest reinstalling them.

And no, you did not waste your money. The system you have does exactly what a SS one does, at less of a cost.

BTW, I was quoted $300 for a custom x-pipe at my exhaust shop, for reference.
Ok! I wont change a thing ! I just dont know if its making more than when my car had stock exhaust system !! When I had stock system

with muffler delete ~ car pulled 341 rwhp so I guess the only way is to find it out on a dyno ~!!

Looks like some quality welds, got any vids of the sound ? :D
fly by and take off vids coming up ~!!!:wroom:

Looks loud.

Lets see some video
you got it ~ :grinyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts