BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I just might have the VIN for that car somewhere..........?
otherwise I am sure that -Ken Little- has it ! However the US-guys are often somehow restrictive with making the VINs of their cars public (to reasons well respected) !! :byebye:

·
Registered
115 Posts
old-sid said:
Hi,

Looks like a Daytona violet car, with aftermarket violet leather highlight seat and sidepanel inserts to me.

Cheers
A friend of mine own's Daytona violet M5 with violet leather on the middle of the seats and yes, it's original from factory :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Am selling a similar interior on Ebay though violet and suede :D (Sorry for disrupting this thread ). The car should have a label indicating colour used, driver side door in the surrond or front suspension support from memory.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Leba said:
A friend of mine own's Daytona violet M5 with violet leather on the middle of the seats and yes, it's original from factory :M5thumbs:
You're right about the color, the techno violet was a M3 color, the same color was called Daytona Voilet for the M5, my first M5 was a 1995 Daytona Violet car (look just like the car on the thread, interior being the exception.) Love the exterior color, I'd have to pass on the interior color (no slight to the owner but, as Arnold says just too "girlie" looking for me)

·
Registered
885 Posts
The techno violet was a specific '95 m-colour, i believe also a couple of the last e34M5's were delivered in it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Cor-Jan said:
The techno violet was a specific '95 m-colour, i believe also a couple of the last e34M5's were delivered in it.
According to the book " Original BMW M-Series" by James Taylor, the daytona violet was a special M-color only, the techno violet was not a specific M-color and it was offered from June 1995 on (E34 M5 production ended in July 95)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Garcia1 said:
According to the book " Original BMW M-Series" by James Taylor, the daytona violet was a special M-color only, the techno violet was not a specific M-color and it was offered from June 1995 on (E34 M5 production ended in July 95)
Just checked my copy.You're right,my mistake. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.