BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have these specific fault codes:

174: Multiple FTrim (I think it means fuel trim), limit reached.
175: Multiple FTrim, limit reached.

Does any one know what these (174 & 175) mean?

Background: I got new MAFs about a month ago. SES came on, and dealer diagnosed CAM sensor, replaced that as well.

Car now has very slight hesitation in low gears, about 2k-3k RPM. Otherwise strong. Hooked up the code reader and saw these codes. I would like to see of anyone knows for sure if these faults are related to the MAF or CAM sensors. Hate to go to stealer and blow another $500 on something else.

Thanks.

CP

·
Registered
74 Posts
Exact same fault code problems!

I have the EXACT same problem that was outlined above.

I replaced MAFs with DavidS' about 2 weeks ago. Got SES. Fault code reads 175. 175 is defined as Fuel System Diagnostics Bank 2. Check intake and exhaust system for unmetered air leaks. System test revealed Purge Valve Dysfunction.

Before I replaced MAFs with DavidS' I cleaned my MAFs using the cleaning procedure outlined on this board. Soon after cleaning the MAFs, I got the CPS Error (CAM Error) that this poster describes.

These repairs are becoming insanely expensive!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to start this thread again, but I never saw a response for a fix. I have the same codes after replacing all 4 CPS, Temperature Sensor, and thermostat. Car runs rough, but sometimes it will be fine for a short period of time. Any help with a solution would be great.

·
Registered
9,873 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Sailor. You're always a big help. :applause:

So it appears, barring any leaks, the solution is new MAFs. Have you had any experience with Powerchips software that deletes the MAFs? Just trying to determine the best route to take for this fix. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts