BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all just wondered if anyone could let me know when the recommended time is for adjusting the Tappets. My engine has done around 50k miles.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou dirk does the bi turbo use a standard gasket ?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou for the quick reply yes I meant the rocker cover I understand it's 0,25 on the exhaust and inlet with a stone cold engine

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The engine was totally rebuilt by Alpina 10 years ago so assume that it's got Alpina cam in

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It shows that the part number for the Camshaft is 11 31 1 287 606 and also managed to get some info from Alpina saying that the Exhaust and inlet are 0,25 set on a cold engine.

·
Registered
821 Posts
0.25 on mine and it purrs like a kitten.

·
Registered
821 Posts
and if 0,25 or 0,30 ...any noticealbe difference in power output? :biggrin:
Nope, just a noticeable difference in tappety noise at tickover :hihi:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I contacted Alpina and they sent me a spec sheet and it says valve clearance is 0,25mm for both the exhaust and inlet. Is there no way of replacing the injectors with quieter ones?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This may sound stupid how do I do that ?

·
Registered
756 Posts
1. Post Reply
2. Go to: MANAGE ATTACHMENTS underneath the test field
3. source your file and
4. upload it.

You might get an error if an extension is not permitted (*.bin is not allowed) change it to .zip and tell us to rename it to whatever it was assume .pdf or .jpg. Or simply zip it.

Otherwise you can send it to me. e-mail address is send by PM. so I can upload it for everyone here.

·
Registered
756 Posts
This is a very good document for english users who don't know german. It is a simplyfied document of the original german I believe. Thank you very much for sharing this!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts