BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
^ I have access, but it seems to have forgotten my account information. :confused3

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Mine is not working at all. It's saying I need to contact a forum administrator. I guess I'll just wait it out. I already tried shutting down the app repeatedly and rebooting my phone with no luck. I didn't even complain about the forced switch and this is how this app is treating me! :viking2:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Or maybe for the Administrator to be more active and responsive to the needs and desires of the forum's members. The advertising dollars come because of the size and activity of the forum's members. The loss to the community would be catastrophic

BTW, if you don't like AutoGuide don't use it. Just use the browser on your mobile. If no one is using it, the message may be made more clear.
Why take this stance I hate the just roll over and take whatever you get. Sorry I live my life by my choice no one else's. This site has gone down hill since the founder left, such as it is with any company that takes over; the morons move in and think they know best. Well many destroy the original brand as they have no passion in the purpose only purpose is to make money. Profit is what is produced when you have something of value that others are willing to trade their labor/money for, those that took over are creating no value.

Look at the main page, what a joke as nothing is ever updated and we use to get breaking news or inside information. Now two year old worthless irrelevant information is what we are rewarded with with even more worthless advertisement. I'm on an M board I'm not gong to buy a POS Chevy.

Do as you may, but I came for information and camaraderie; information from the board owners is non existent and fewer original members are seen active as they have either lost interest in the site or moved elsewhere.

This is just another example of not listening to the customer and I have choice, If you have time to be stuck in front of a computer or want to carry a phone the size from "Wall Street" that's your choice. We had an app that worked and now we have a POS app that is poorly developed and was done with no time taken to ask the end users for input.

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Why take this stance I hate the just roll over and take whatever you get. Sorry I live my life by my choice no one else's. This site has gone down hill since the founder left, such as it is with any company that takes over; the morons move in and think they know best. Well many destroy the original brand as they have no passion in the purpose only purpose is to make money. Profit is what is produced when you have something of value that others are willing to trade their labor/money for, those that took over are creating no value.

Look at the main page, what a joke as nothing is ever updated and we use to get breaking news or inside information. Now two year old worthless irrelevant information is what we are rewarded with with even more worthless advertisement. I'm on an M board I'm not gong to buy a POS Chevy.

Do as you may, but I came for information and camaraderie; information from the board owners is non existent and fewer original members are seen active as they have either lost interest in the site or moved elsewhere.

This is just another example of not listening to the customer and I have choice, If you have time to be stuck in front of a computer or want to carry a phone the size from "Wall Street" that's your choice. We had an app that worked and now we have a POS app that is poorly developed and was done with no time taken to ask the end users for input.

Cheers!
My point is if the app is crap which, it is, a general boycott may speak more loudly than using it and complaining about it. The Administrators need to pay more attention to their needs and desires of the forum's members. The advertising comes from the number of active members and visitors this is why they keep a current tally. If the membership disappears, the advertising will too. Unfortunately, this will permanently erode the knowledge base that has been developed here. Once that is gone it will never be replaced. The camaraderie too shall be irreparably damaged by a mass exodus. The knowledge, camaraderie, and the community is what drew me to this board and it is what has kept me here. The Administrator needs to understand that their level of involvement, enthusiasm and understanding of their clientele is sub-par. They don't need to read every post, but they need to be reading every day. This will help them better understand what it is that we are and what we as a community really want. I would rather help the Administrator and make this the forum it once was than take the quick and easy route and cut & run.

P.S. my phone is only 60 x 120 mm.;)

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've had some issues lately with the App where I'm going to view one thread from my notifications but it takes me to a completely different one.

Very annoying as I have to then search through the forum to find the thread.

·
Registered
813 Posts
This app is shockingly bad, the pop ups are really pissing me off, ( UK broadband for £2.50) ( find Muslim singles in your area) ( free tablet , at this rate cyanide !!) if I want to find any of the previous I would search on google and not on a friggin motor forum!! I paid for TT & no way will I pay again for this crap AG app, the Administrators need to put there balls on the table

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Seriously, everyone should stop using the AutoGuide App., give it a poor review and contact the Admin's demanding that they find a better solution (e.g. return to the much loved Tap a Talk). I have the paid version which, I don't use as I just don't like it very much, so there are no adds, but the browser works fine and no stupid adds.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
My autoguide app started working again. I gotta say that it is the same damn thing as tapatalk except with this one I actually get push notifications consistently, while on tapatalk I only received them once in a while.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My I would rather help the Administrator and make this the forum it once was than take the quick and easy route and cut & run.

P.S. my phone is only 60 x 120 mm.;)

We're on the same page, but obviously not how I read your original comment.

With that said all I originally stated and you did is why I'm here and hope to stay. I am tired of seeing no effort on the front page or effort in general from the admins/owners: it's lazy and pathetic.

P.S. your not carting a battery bag are you;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
We're on the same page, but obviously not how I read your original comment.

With that said all I originally stated and you did is why I'm here and hope to stay. I am tired of seeing no effort on the front page or effort in general from the admins/owners: it's lazy and pathetic.

P.S. your not carting a battery bag are you;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
No it's an android, so it gets plugged in regularly. Thankfully, I get to surf from my desk, when I actually there. I hadn't looked at the front page in quite a while, until I read your post. I thought it's cool that they have concept F10 M5 news. Pretty cool as I can get more up to date info at the dealer.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My autoguide app started working again. I gotta say that it is the same damn thing as tapatalk except with this one I actually get push notifications consistently, while on tapatalk I only received them once in a while.
I found that TapaTalk always notified on receipt of a PM, but nothing else. This worked ok for me but it would've been nice to receive notifications to those subscribed threads I set to Instant.

The AG app notifies all or nothing. So it's constantly pinging and bonging all day long as soon as a thread I posted something in gets a reply. I've resorted to turning the notifications off, but it'd be nice if more control was added to this area imho.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I think its time for a mutiny. I hardly ever come to the board any longer.

We need a savvy member to open a MyM5Beast.com forum.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
^ already tried most are ok with change and sad when I get updates almost every damn week for all my other apps, but nope not this POS app. And the admins could give a flying F. Not one thing has been fixed or updated. Incompetency at its finest!

Cheers!

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.