BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

Registered
I just wanted to chime in and express my disappointment. I've been using Tapatalk to access the board for a few years and have found it very convenient. It is one of the few apps I have paid for on my iPhone.

I was concerned about this possibility from the moment I found out Autoguide acquired the board. I expressed my concerns and was assured by the Administrator that Tapatalk would be available along side the Autoguide app.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/off-topic-forum/196021-m5board-com-acquired-4.html#post2178671

That was six short months ago. The times, they are a changin'.

Any chance you will rethink your decision?
I think this is falling on deaf ears 馃槨

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Registered
Its not our intention to inconvenience members. If anything we hope that we will be a greater support when there are issues with the app.
Yet this is precisely what you have done.

:Thumbdown:

Registered
One thing I don't like, is the notification on pm AND subscribed topic. PM notification is fine, but the app is bonging whenever a thread I participated in gets a new post.

See pic. There doesn't seem to he any way to enable notification for PMs only...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
With Android (as I won't have an iPhone): Go into the settings menu and select "Apps"; then select "Autoguide"; deselect "Show Notifications", will put an end to the constant bonging (stoner app hiha). In also quite like the "Force Stop" so I can save a little bit of power, as there are no other means of closing this battery hungry App.:grrrrr:

Registered
I stopped using tapatalk when I got the Note2. I'm almost exclusively using my phone with chrome to surf. Just a smaller version of the laptop screen and no ad bs.

I seem to remember the autoguide dude promising no changes to the user experience.

hihahiha

Registered
I agree with all of the concerns mentioned in this thread. I just realized that this happened as I have been unable to access via my phone for several days now and thought I would try the "ancient" method of logging in via computer. This was a terrible move, agreed. I am even more disheartened by the admins not participating at all in the discussion - painful as it will be for them, it comes with the territory. The 30,000 foot managerial explanation given for the change hardly consisted of any substantiating reasons.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #52
I'm very sorry about the lack of Admin presence in this thread. I addressed some of your concerns below :cool2:

why does the new AutoGuide.com app require you to use a signature to post?

Every time I use it to post (since tapatalk has been demoted lol), I have to delete the signature line.

This is even after deleting the signature option in the settings tab, and or creating a blank custom signature.

And what does the paid version offer vs the free one, or is the cost mainly to support the m5board?
We are working on fixing this as well as all the other reported bugs with the AG app.

I just wanted to chime in and express my disappointment. I've been using Tapatalk to access the board for a few years and have found it very convenient. It is one of the few apps I have paid for on my iPhone.

I was concerned about this possibility from the moment I found out Autoguide acquired the board. I expressed my concerns and was assured by the Administrator that Tapatalk would be available along side the Autoguide app.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/off-topic-forum/196021-m5board-com-acquired-4.html#post2178671

That was six short months ago. The times, they are a changin'.

Any chance you will rethink your decision?
I'm very sorry that we have gone back on our word at the time we did not foresee a split from Tapatalk. The choice to remove Tapatalk from the forum has already in place and all of our forums are either removed or being taken off their network.

Our goal with this change is to provide better app support to members on the forum. In the past we were limited to what we could do to aide the issue often replying on TT support. This would make our resolution time longer and more frustrating for users unable to access the forum properly. Also when a glitch would happen on the TT app we would have users report it to us, we would report it to TT, and have to wait for them to resolve the issue.

We are working on ways to improve the AG app so if you guys have any suggestions on ways to make it better please let us know and we will see what we can do to fix it.

Thanks

Registered
Are you still having an issue with this?

- dm, Community Support
Yes the profile access, will crash the app, still.

Also just recently the app would not let me log onto the m5board site period. Says contact the administrator. The app Works for my other car forums that are now forced into the same app, owned by Autoguide.

Edit
"If you click profile you can no longer access the board. You have to log out first , then log back in, and only then can you see the board through the app again"

Fixes Imo.

1) offer a $0.99 promo on the paid app for a month or so, to give back to all those that got screwed by paying for tapatalk. No business is free, but this is user generated info, so gouging all the auto forums at one time, just seems underhanded, and not the best way to keep people coming back.
2) there are far too many issues with add placement , and lack of picture uploads, and overall stability issues, to just do a fast transfer like this. Now that your development team has only one app to deal with, you really need to get an update out fast, and pay attention to the reviews at a faster rate.
3) offer a mobile version of the site, for those that don't want to buy another app, or lose their blackberry, or have smaller screens on their smartphones. I have a note2, and even with the large screen, the main site is very cumbersome to navigate through, especially the reply prompts tend to move all over the place if you try to reply and zoom into the prompt. This is a smart phone browser issue mostly, but having a mobile them/view would be helpful, Imo.
4) maybe consider a tshirt, tool box, maintenance coupon book as a revenue stream vs gouging all your users at one time

Registered
I'm very sorry that we have gone back on our word at the time we did not foresee a split from Tapatalk. The choice to remove Tapatalk from the forum has already in place and all of our forums are either removed or being taken off their network.

Our goal with this change is to provide better app support to members on the forum. In the past we were limited to what we could do to aide the issue often replying on TT support. This would make our resolution time longer and more frustrating for users unable to access the forum properly. Also when a glitch would happen on the TT app we would have users report it to us, we would report it to TT, and have to wait for them to resolve the issue.

We are working on ways to improve the AG app so if you guys have any suggestions on ways to make it better please let us know and we will see what we can do to fix it.

Thanks
Why are you still using the TT app then but with a autoguide skin over the top? I'm confused :eek:

It is okay to say it was a commercial decision because of dropping ad revenue....

Registered
You can't access your profile page either. You will get some generic error. :banghead:
That happens with TapaTalk, too. See my previous post about autoguide just being a re-skinned version of tapatalk, so it has all the existing bugs, but now with ads...

Registered
That happens with TapaTalk, too. See my previous post about autoguide just being a re-skinned version of tapatalk, so it has all the existing bugs, but now with ads...

Im new to the board and only had the TapaTalk for a short period. I paid for that app. The AG app is free. Does the paid version have ads also?

41 - 60 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.