BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to take a trip down to Sarasota Florida and I decided It would be great run for my M5. I have temporarily relocated to Mobile AL the trip to Sarasota from Mobile is aprox. 550 miles. I learned alot about my GPS and was glad as hell that I got the new nav disc set a couple of months ago. That thing is awesome, It got me every where I wanted to go. Before I got into Sarasota in fact about 20 miles outside of Tampa,My car starts to sound funny and then bling there comes that dreaded little fault signal (CHECK ENGINE SOON). What now! I was just thinking about how great the car had been doing but some just was not right. I thought I might have gotten MAFMS dirty but either way it was going to need some help. I pulled over and checked the car and discovered that it was my front O2 sensor by my cat. It was broken at the weld into the pipe I imediately dialed my buddy Ron from Performing Imports in Atlanta to ask him if he new of any good service facility's down there. He told me to get in touch with a guy named Chuck in Gainesville FL at Continental Imports and he might able to help me. Chuck was great he had my car picked up in Sarasota and towed to his shop. He fixed the O2 sensor and a few other little things like one of my coils went bad. When I went to pick the car up I was impressed he got me going again and the car ran great all the way home.:)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I've heard of them before and I never had the chance to check them out yet.. since they are right down the road from where I work, I think I may have found my independent mechanic. Luckily, my car only needed to go to the $tealer twice since the warranty was up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts