BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics first:

I admit, it's not as unique a color combination as many others that have posted here, but it's a matter of preference. I like things to be straight, modern, understated. This color/material combination hits all of that right there.

As I've been testdriving the E60 for a few hours before nailing the order, there haven't been too many surprises in the 550kms that went down the (quad) pipes since yesterday. But there are so many subtle things you only start to notice on second/third sight such as the door entry lights mounted below the mirrors, the practical boxes in the trunk, or the massively adjustable seats (although I didn't get the multi-function seats).

Anyways, it's an amazing car (that said, coming from an RS6 sedan), even keeping the revs below 5.500rpms. Good job, BMW!

PS: High res pictures (7M) available, PM me. Fleet pictures to follow.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Congartulations, looks very good and sober. But where´s the spoiler?

You need it on the autobahn!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats! Excellent choice of color combo! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cidair said:
But where´s the spoiler?
If the ring taxi doesn't need one, I don't need one either *cough*

·
Registered
100 Posts
scoop said:
Pics first:

I admit, it's not as unique a color combination as many others that have posted here, but it's a matter of preference. I like things to be straight, modern, understated. This color/material combination hits all of that right there.

As I've been testdriving the E60 for a few hours before nailing the order, there haven't been too many surprises in the 550kms that went down the (quad) pipes since yesterday. But there are so many subtle things you only start to notice on second/third sight such as the door entry lights mounted below the mirrors, the practical boxes in the trunk, or the massively adjustable seats (although I didn't get the multi-function seats).

Anyways, it's an amazing car (that said, coming from an RS6 sedan), even keeping the revs below 5.500rpms. Good job, BMW!

PS: High res pictures (7M) available, PM me. Fleet pictures to follow.
Congratulations! Great pictures. I think it's the best color available w/o individual. Did you get the full leather or extended?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Looks like extended to me - one of the very last with a proper old-fashioned key, i see!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'm happy I don't have to press a button to start rumbling.. it's extended, I was being cheap with the full option.

Picture of the door lighting:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
scoop said:
Yeah, I'm happy I don't have to press a button to start rumbling..
Yup - the production B5s all came too late for that - at least mine has Comfort Access added - it's a pity the starter button is so butt ugly - if they're going to have it, it should at least be a tactile delight - witness Aston Martin's implementation... personally, I'd like something that doesn't feel like plastic - something solid, but in any case with a decent real aluminium surround.

Might have to customise that part, after the fact...

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Beautiful! Enjoy her lovelove

·
Registered
559 Posts
Congratulations - you'll love living with silver grey - a very easy colour to maintain and a classic as well - enjoy!

Best regards,

·
Registered
43 Posts
Excellent colour combo, I've spec'd mine the same. Enjoy!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Excellent colour combo, I've spec'd mine the same. Enjoy!

·
Registered
203 Posts
scoop said:
Yeah, I'm happy I don't have to press a button to start rumbling.. it's extended, I was being cheap with the full option.

Picture of the door lighting:
Can you just tell me please when this door lightning going to function? do you control it? I thought it will blink when u signal like the Mercedes. Please advise

UNBelievable combination, I am seriously thinking of this color now:1:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Saudi_M5 said:
Can you just tell me please when this door lightning going to function? do you control it? I thought it will blink when u signal like the Mercedes
It lights up when you use the key to remotely unlock your car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts