BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Jim it's never going to happen as BMW likes to play it safe all the time.

Audi's are looking more appealing to me as my next car.

Reactions: DFrankm5

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim it's never going to happen as BMW likes to play it safe all the time.

Audi's are looking more appealing to me as my next car.

Can't say I blame you. I can't figure out one BMW model from the rest anymore. I can't wait until the introduce the 11 series and the 1.5 series.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Can't say I blame you. I can't figure out one BMW model from the rest anymore. I can't wait until the introduce the 11 series and the 1.5 series.
LOL!! I want a 5.23446 series :cheers:

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
i guess it helps that they own lamboghini

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
also now that mb is comming out with that gt car bmw has to up its game I always said to my self why don't they come out with a retro m1 that blows the doors off of everything out there we all know they can do it

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Well there have been talks of BMW coming out with the i9 supercar in 2016 in time for its 100th year anniversary. Should we be holding our breaths?

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Well there have been talks of BMW coming out with the i9 supercar in 2016 in time for its 100th year anniversary. Should we be holding our breaths?
Isn't that like 550hp? I know the hp to weight ratio is supposedly better but we shall have to wait and see.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Isn't that like 550hp? I know the hp to weight ratio is supposedly better but we shall have to wait and see.
Yeah the current speculation on power output isn't very impressive to be calling it a supercar so hopefully BMW will surprise everyone with the final configuration.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
What's super cool is that this competition will just keep pushing style and performance to new heights. Looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings us.

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Yeah the current speculation on power output isn't very impressive to be calling it a supercar so hopefully BMW will surprise everyone with the final configuration.
Some blogs are calling it a hyper car hiha

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It's so sad that now in 2014 500bhp is actually not that much anymore.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
One more horse-power me-too project after another. They all have to out-do each other in order to 'stay relevant', I guess. We are basically back to a renewed muscle car era, now that we figured out how to keep fuel consumption at bay with turbo's, injectors, adjustable cams, etc. These are crazy expensive projects for car manufacturers so it goes to show you how much they actually make on their base carlines in order to keep pulling this off. Especially considering that when I walked by the crash hall at Audi in Ingolstadt where a couple of crashed Lamborghinis were sitting near the "exit" door. They all have to meet standards after all. Don't get me wrong, I am highly entertained by it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts