BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these aftermarket replacements?

I've contemplated repairing OEM (and might still do so once they're off) with one of those repair kits from Deustcheland but the judging from what I've researched over the years, mileage may vary on that route.

Might just pull the trigger on a set of these seemingly decent quality Taiwanese offerings

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hi,

This was recently discussed on the UK BMW 5 forum;

As is usual on cheaper quality parts, there might be more than one factory somewhere making them and if so, quality could/might vary but the general consensus with options like this, is that you may find they won't/don't last as long as you'd want/like them to. I'd take the description they are better than other vendors with a larger pinch of salt, if they are better quality, then I'd say it's most likely a vendor would brand them properly and point out where the better quality aspects are i.e better quality or metal internal gears and motors etc. Given that isn't the case, it's just marketing blurb.

If you do go for them, perhaps do a writeup on them the initial install and update in 3/6/12/24 + months time with how they've fared.

Cheers, Dennis!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pulled the trigger on them, will update with pics/video once I get them painted and fitted

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Pulled the trigger on them, will update with pics/video once I get them painted and fitted
Please do! I see their reviews on ebay, but never hear anything substantial.

·
Registered
99 Posts
How did this install go? My driver side mirror is completely toast.

Reactions: Dking078

·
Registered
213 Posts
So without knowing exactly what is wrong with you guys' current mirrors, I think it's probably still worth pointing out in this thread that if it's just the adjustment/motors that are not working, you can actually replace those with new actuator motors vivisected from quite cheap/abundant VW or GM mirrors. I'll link the post I followed when repairing a passenger side mirror with great success:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortunately still haven't had chance to get these painted/installed. will update once I do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts