BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I knew I should not have done it but the opportunity presented itself and I had to go for it.
I have always been a fan of the Prancing Horse but have never pulled the trigger to own one.
Today a friend invited me to take his 2009 Ferrari F430 Scuderia 16 M on a canyon run through the traffic free back roads of North San Diego County.
This is a car where only 499 were built and 135 reside in the USA.
All I can say is "Oh my God"!
The intoxicating sound of an F-1 inspired race motor at 8,000 RPM is a visceral experience.
The handling was unbelievable and very easy to drive fast. The acceleration pinned you to the seats as you shift at 40 milliseconds so fast and positive it is hard to comprehend.
The open air experience with this kind of power and handling was unlike anything I have ever experienced.
Everything you expect from a Supercar Ferrari is here and street legal.
I am now convinced I must have one and the goal is less than a year.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I know exactly how you feel. I rented some track time with a 430, and fell in love. Unfortunately my means will take me a lot longer than a year. (But I just bought my M5, so I'll be just fine in the meantime)

This is me on the track...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm spoiled I suppose. I get the joy of driving exotics on a daily basis.
The 430 Scud is one of my personal favorites. Just so well done.

However I'm working on a 360 Challange project for myself. Can never go wrong with a Ferrari.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a thing of beauty for sure!
I can't stop thinking about that amazing sound and the driving experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
The owner of our company has 2 Ferraris, one 430 and one 599 and says the only downside is the maintenance on them but great cars to drive.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My buddy just picked up one. Thing is a monster

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hot damn! Nothing against the 430, but I've made it a life long goal to own a 458, preferably before I'm 60
hihahihaouich

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I rented an F430 spyder for a weekend a year or so ago and fell in love. It was my second time getting to drive an F430 by my first spyder. The top down experience just makes the car that much more fun and enjoyable. I will own a Ferrari one day. The maintenance though I've herd is outrageous.

I have never gotten the opportunity to drive a Scud but I can only imagine how much better it is than the regular 430.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
^ Nice! I got a chance to rent a Lambo Performante in Vegas and I fell head over heels too. I will own one day. I suppose it's really just a matter of the opportunity coming up as to whether one will go with the raging bull or prancing horse.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Yeah, I drove a 430 on the track as well. Blew me away. Also drove a Gallardo which left me longing for my M5. The 430 was just a pure driver's car. Everything was telepathic. The steering, the brakes, the throttle. And the motor made the sweetest noise.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
F430 Scuderia was probably the best F430 but even it can't even come close to the new 458. Yes, I know, one is new and one is old, plus there is the price difference, but if you ever get to drive the 458, you will see that it's just in a class of it's own.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The guys at the shop where I tested the F430 Scuderia 16 M stated the 458 was an improvement over the F430 but did not touch the 16M.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts