BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have tail lights in their e28 that are different than the oem tail light that came on the car? Does anyone have LED lights or any other non-original tail lights? I'm like to have your opinions on what you prefer most. Please post pics of any other variations you may have or seen. Thank You.
Here are some pics of different tail lights that I found:

OEM - Orange and White on Top

Clear on Top

Black on Top

Red on Top

·
2,492 Posts
lino said:
Does anyone here have tail lights in their e28 that are different than the oem tail light that came on the car? Does anyone have LED lights or any other non-original tail lights? I'm like to have your opinions on what you prefer most. Please post pics of any other variations you may have or seen. Thank You.
Here are some pics of different tail lights that I found:

The LEDs are an interesting idea. I have thought about how to integrate them into the existing wiring and tail light, but I have done enough research on the subject.

The tail lights I have seen are pretty much the ones you have posted. The stock lights followed by the clears, then the smoked are the popular ones on the E28. The amber integrates well on the black E28 M5 IMHO.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the amber in the rear too. It has never bothered me. The only problem is that every E28 has them and the ///m5 gets the shadowline traetment to separate it form the pack which is great for everyday purposes, but I was just curious to see what other options are available and what the creative minds of the BMW fanatic world have come up with for the sake of individuality. Or maybe I'm too obsessed with this car :D.

·
Registered
40 Posts
lino said:
I like the amber in the rear too. It has never bothered me. The only problem is that every E28 has them and the ///m5 gets the shadowline traetment to separate it form the pack which is great for everyday purposes, but I was just curious to see what other options are available and what the creative minds of the BMW fanatic world have come up with for the sake of individuality. Or maybe I'm too obsessed with this car :D.
Well, something I never really looked into, but thought would be a really cool mod, would be to use the rear foglight place holders that aren't used in the us m5s. But not for the typical double brake lights (I think that looks sorta stupid), I was thinking some kind of lever lined up with the brake pedal, to only come on when you really pushed on them (aka, like the new 7 series with an extra light to warn you the car's REALLY braking). I can imagine some kind of a lever like that, but I don't know any product that I could actually buy that fits for that purpose.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not known for my ability to create that kind of project. Mind you, you made think of LED lighting. hmmm...I wonder if....

·
Registered
40 Posts
lino said:
I'm not known for my ability to create that kind of project. Mind you, you made think of LED lighting. hmmm...I wonder if....
Check out mye28.com Most of the stuff you've been posting about isn't m5 stuff. It's e28 stuff. You'll get more info, and more responses over there. I believe there have some led conversions that have been done there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts