BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange I thought there was a waiting list for the B5. Autotrader has Sytner High Wycombe selling a 7000 mile example for £69,850 & Sytner Nottingham a 1000 mile example for £70,879.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i imagine those are the demo cars which will have done a few miles so far... also those prices are pretty much full list plus the extras...

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I gather the first customer cars have now been delivered.

The High Wycombe car looks like the one featured in this month's EVO mag. I haven't seen the Nottingham one before - I wonder what happened to their original demo - car #006 - perhaps they couldn't sell it as it was a pre-production example...

·
Registered
240 Posts
One of the guys on our Shoot had the pre-production car for a three day test a few weeks back but he has now been offered a loan of the new demonstrator. He was told the former was 'not representative' of the B5. It had a lot of miles, three sets of tyres and had been well hammered. Perhaps there have been other changes?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Must be that time - I was offered the option of a London demo. But you are right - all of them will have been thrashed to high heaven and back so probably not the best idea unless you could get one cheap (but I don't think they will being doing that...)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Richard Croxford said:
All the dealer demos have been abused by magazines and the press test pilots ;) Would't buy one of those:p
My B10 Touring was a demonstrator and featured in Autocar and BMW Car. It has now done 76k miles and drives/feels as though it was new. Never had any problems with it. Having spent time at Buchloe I can vouch for their over-engineering and superb build quality. Mind you both tests seem to have been done by 'sane' reviewers who did their reports with normal road driving.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Heuer said:
My B10 Touring was a demonstrator and featured in Autocar and BMW Car. It has now done 76k miles and drives/feels as though it was new. Never had any problems with it. Having spent time at Buchloe I can vouch for their over-engineering and superb build quality. Mind you both tests seem to have been done by 'sane' reviewers who did their reports with normal road driving.
My B10-V8 was a alpina owned car for 18 months,but still drives and goes like new and does not use any oil between services.:biggrin:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hm, as soon as You take Your car out of showroom it is not worth the money You paid for it anymore.It is not new anymore and it'll be second hand always.That is just pure truth. Personally I would never buy a test car.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Heuer said:
Heuer

are you still planning on coming to the Donington show.. would love to see your touring...

·
Registered
240 Posts
D4 said:
Heuer

are you still planning on coming to the Donington show.. would love to see your touring...
Hope to be there but it will be from around mid-day.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My B10 3.3 was owned by Autocar for a year and they covered 16000 miles. The car was featured in 5 issues & they absolutely loved the car. The only fault they could find was the well known issue of the engine having a thirst for oil. I have owned the car since July 04 & also cannot fault it. Yes an M5 or B10 V8 has more performance but I just love the steering response & superb handling.

Kevin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts