BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I recently posted in the m5 forum a few days ago asking for purchase advice on an m5. The car ended up getting sold before I could take a look.
I came across this pre owned 6 and like the car.
http://www.multichevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/used-2008-BMW-M6-Coupe-Union-NJ/2225440453

Went to check it out/test drive in person, interior is in good condition, engine looks clean, few scratches here and there on paint. (Felt a small fluctuation in rpms at idle, could be cold start?) Comes with a 3 month 3k mile power train warranty too. (From Chevy not BMW) May pull the trigger, trying to negotiate on final price.
Just judging by the ad, does this look like a good buy? Anyone on the forums previous car?

Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not affiliated with seller nor do I have knowledge of prior owners but that is a very good price for a LCI coupe M6 with that mileage in the highest resale color - Alpine White. If the carfax is clean and there hasn't been any paintwork I'd say go for it. Car would sell private party for $40k so that warranty is a bonus.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeah that is a good price for an AW M6. The best part is alongside with the warranty, it has a few exterior mods done to it (CF emblems, black kidneys, tinted tail lights).

·
Registered
463 Posts
car looks nice... good base to start upgrading... just make sure ur able to afford an aftermarket warranty when that runs out... these things are finicky, last thing you want to do is purchase one, enjoy it for 6m and then find out that you have vanos/clutch issues... good luck on your purchase

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That is an extremely good deal. Thats what I paid for my 06 M6 with the same miles back in July 2011. I would get a full inspection done, dish out around $5k for a top of the line warranty and your set. The warranty it comes with is crap. You need a very high end warranty for these cars regarless if its a 2010 with 10K miles or a 2006 with 100k miles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is an extremely good deal. Thats what I paid for my 06 M6 with the same miles back in July 2011. I would get a full inspection done, dish out around $5k for a top of the line warranty and your set. The warranty it comes with is crap. You need a very high end warranty for these cars regarless if its a 2010 with 10K miles or a 2006 with 100k miles.
I know, that's the one main thing I'm most concerned about. I've heard so many smg pump horror stories. I've also known a few people who've had both the m5s & m6s with zero problems whatsoever. It's pretty much a roll of the dice if not a cpo.

As for extended warranty I'm going to guess most people recommend Bruce on the forums?
Appreciate any other warranty suggestions too as it's not a dd and would most likely see 5k miles a year tops.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Based on the limited information this looks like a great deal. Do your research and know what the potential issues are and the potential costs.

I looked there 4 years ago when I bought my M6. The used car lot for multi-chevy is the old Saturn dealership. They had a mostly high end cars at the time. The salesman that I dealt with was not good, but that is a reflection on him not the dealership. I told him that I was looking and deciding on what car to get and he was telling me how hard it is to find an M6 and how the prices are going to keep going up.

Good luck in whatever you decide. I am going to give my beast an early morning bath then off to cars and coffee.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I know, that's the one main thing I'm most concerned about. I've heard so many smg pump horror stories. I've also known a few people who've had both the m5s & m6s with zero problems whatsoever. It's pretty much a roll of the dice if not a cpo.

As for extended warranty I'm going to guess most people recommend Bruce on the forums?
Appreciate any other warranty suggestions too as it's not a dd and would most likely see 5k miles a year tops.
Car looks nice.

Yep, Bruce is the best option for warranty that I found.

GLWP

:cheers:

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts