BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Not quite, the BMAB-011 and BMAB-010 are for the 6cyl cars and BMAB-010 takes an M12 bolt vs the M5's M14 bolt.

I used BMAB-011 for the forward bushing and BMAB-002 for the rear which I think comes from an X5 or E60 and is at least the correct size (and takes an M14 bolt).

I really can't say whether it's a good idea to replace these instead of the entire arm, I can only say that the bushings fit. It would be nice to know exactly why BMW didn't make the bushings individually replaceable but that we will probably never know... I can think of a lot of different reasons.
The BMAB-011 lists

BMW 5 E39 1995-2003
BMW 7 E38 1993-2001

As compatible.

and BMAB-002 lists

BMW 1 E81/E87 2003-2011
BMW 1 E82/E88 2008-2012
BMW 3 E90/E91 2004-2012
BMW 3 E92/E93 2005-2013
BMW 4 F82/F83 M 2013-
BMW 5 E60/E61 2001-2010
BMW 6 E63/E64 2002-2010
BMW X1 E84 2008-
BMW X5 E53 1999-2006
BMW ZINORO E1 M12 2013-

the fact that they are used on newer or heavier vehicles would give me lots of confidence in using them.

This is great info, thanks! Any indication where these bushings were made?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
the fact that they are used on newer or heavier vehicles would give me lots of confidence in using them.

This is great info, thanks! Any indication where these bushings were made?
There is only ~5mm of rubber in the rear bush, so probably not doing much anyway. Considering people are happy to install poly bushings here I'm happy with this solution for the immediate future.

No idea where they are made, I'll check the box when I get home and see if there's anything printed on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a quote from Febest:

All of our parts are manufactured and branded by our own company, Febest. The parts are made in China with strict German quality control standards. We build our products to match OEM quality and strength.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you guys want Lemforder bushings, I modify E6X bushings to fit the E39. I also have monoballs for the lower wishbone. So you can have a rubber bushing in the front position and monoball in the rear, like stock, or any combination there in if you like.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
How well do the swing arm monoballs stand up to heavy use (tracking?) I had a set a board member made many years ago, and broke one within 2-3 years...

·
Registered
73 Posts
How well do the swing arm monoballs stand up to heavy use (tracking?) I had a set a board member made many years ago, and broke one within 2-3 years...
I don't have any long term feed back on them for track use, as I have only had them available for a few months. I use Lemforder brand ball joints. They are from an OE application and pretty high quality. They are sealed with a rubber boot, which I think is key factor in getting them to survive longer. $350 for the set of them. That will do both lower wishbones.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Hardware fails, it's a truism of life... you mentioned you make a front position monoball as well, what would be the all in for all four? I'm going to be refreshing the rear suspension on my S2 over the winter, so I might had this to the list (have poly bushings (StrongFlex) now...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hardware fails, it's a truism of life... you mentioned you make a front position monoball as well, what would be the all in for all four? I'm going to be refreshing the rear suspension on my S2 over the winter, so I might had this to the list (have poly bushings (StrongFlex) now...
Yes, for the front position as well. $350 is for all four monoball joints. $225 if you wanted 2 rubber bushings and 2 monoballs.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Look great. I don't suppose you sell them pre-pressed into the swing arms too (I have a press, I just didn't enjoy doing it last time...)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Look great. I don't suppose you sell them pre-pressed into the swing arms too (I have a press, I just didn't enjoy doing it last time...)
I do offer them that way as well, but only if you have usable cores to send back, which it sounds like you do. The core charge is $300 and then an extra $50 for shipping and installation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I do offer them that way as well, but only if you have usable cores to send back, which it sounds like you do. The core charge is $300 and then an extra $50 for shipping and installation.
Yes, for the front position as well. $350 is for all four monoball joints. $225 if you wanted 2 rubber bushings and 2 monoballs.
Do you still have these available for sale? I would like to purchase a set of 4

21 - 32 of 32 Posts