BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I've done some research on the topic of sway bars and suspension upgrades but unfortunately it seems the most highly recommended brand for sway bars, RDSport, is out of business and Dinan only has a rear sway bar option.

Can anyone recommend sway bars, strut tower braces, etc., that are presently available in 2019? Or are these my only options?

I just drove the tail of the dragon this week and would really like to dial out the understeer as best I can. I plan to make plenty of trips to the tail for before and after comparisons. She weighs a fair bit more, but I'm really wanting to get as balanced as my s2000 was.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
What car do you have? There are a few variations from the factory. I wrote about them on the e60 forum a while ago. Aftermarket these days is limited as you found out.

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
Hello all, I've done some research on the topic of sway bars and suspension upgrades but unfortunately it seems the most highly recommended brand for sway bars, RDSport, is out of business and Dinan only has a rear sway bar option.

Can anyone recommend sway bars, strut tower braces, etc., that are presently available in 2019? Or are these my only options?

I just drove the tail of the dragon this week and would really like to dial out the understeer as best I can. I plan to make plenty of trips to the tail for before and after comparisons. She weighs a fair bit more, but I'm really wanting to get as balanced as my s2000 was.

Thanks!

It will never come close to an S2000. Even if you strip it.

Stiffer sway bars are a bad idea for overall traction. Get a good set of coilovers and get it corner balanced and take more weight up front.

The first thing you need are camber plates up front. Without them everything is a waste.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The V3 eliminates EDC, so the cancellation kit plugs into EDC to fool the ECU into thinking it’s still there and not have any dash error messages. I am sure you could get EDC errors coded out, but I paid the extra for the cancellation kit for the easy plug and play.
Thanka dude, ill get the one with the kit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts