BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was I supposed to lubricate the bushings before installing my new RDSPort sways?
They came with no documentation or additional items, however other products from RDSport indicate that they come with proprietary lubricant.
I like proprietary and I like Lube, but mine did not come with any.
Teflon I assume, or something dry?

They sound horrid.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The noise is intense in the back bar, i put grease on the bushings and after some time the noise there again !!!
I changed the bushings with new ones that Trinity Autosport sent me, i put grease on them , after some time the noise there again !!!
The bushings of RDSport are made form hard material and will always make noise.
The permament solution to the problem of noise is only bushings from M3 E46 csl, part number: 33552282682

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Was I supposed to lubricate the bushings before installing my new RDSPort sways?
They came with no documentation or additional items, however other products from RDSport indicate that they come with proprietary lubricant.
I like proprietary and I like Lube, but mine did not come with any.
Teflon I assume, or something dry?

They sound horrid.
Def need lube! Mine came with two lube packs.

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,271 Posts
2x on the lube for RDSport sways.

I had Trinity lube and install mine...still quiet after 30,000+ miles.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Just wanted to update this in case anyone had the same issue. My front sway bar bushings started squeaking and needed to be re-lubed. After some research this is the same lube that RDSport uses. It is specially made for polyurethane and very tacky like glue so it does not wash off easily. Stuff is amazing and things are back to being quiet.

Energy Suspension Formula 5 Prelube

Reactions: Fiftytwoeighty

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,271 Posts
@SuckaGDog, thanks Isaac. Good to know. Mine are still quiet with about 45,000 miles on my RDs.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Red Mobil 1 Grease per Joe @ Trinity last week.
Worked when two others had not.

Didn't see your post Gdog. We had to call and had no response in time from manufacturer......tex

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Red Mobil 1 Grease per Joe @ Trinity last week.
Worked when two others had not.

Didn't see your post Gdog. We had to call and had no response in time from manufacturer......tex
That should be fine as well. He recommended that to me, but I had already ordered the other one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts