BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys-

A machinist has agreed to fabricate some number of heavy duty sway bar brackets. These will be identical to the well know standard set by an ex sponsor here.

Fabricated from 6061 Aluminum. Edges relieved and parts tumbled. Fasteners included. Black anodized. Virtually Indistinguishable from the ones that list at $195 and sell for $175 plus shipping.

If I get a minimum of 6 we can do it at $110 including shipping in the USA. 10 pair drops it to $105

There is no commercial interest for me in this venture. In fact, I am stupid for doing this as I've already purchased a set of BP brackets for $120- (He's using those as a model).

Just figured I can, and the machinist is probably going to make a few hundred on the deal.

So, who's in?

If there is no interest it will just die on the vine so to speak.

Regards

Adam

·
Registered
516 Posts
ard said:
OK Guys-

A machinist has agreed to fabricate some number of heavy duty sway bar brackets. These will be identical to the well know standard set by an ex sponsor here.

Fabricated from 6061 Aluminum. Edges relieved and parts tumbled. Fasteners included. Black anodized. Virtually Indistinguishable from the ones that list at $195 and sell for $175 plus shipping.

If I get a minimum of 6 we can do it at $110 including shipping in the USA. 10 pair drops it to $105

There is no commercial interest for me in this venture. In fact, I am stupid for doing this as I've already purchased a set of BP brackets for $120- (He's using those as a model).

Just figured I can, and the machinist is probably going to make a few hundred on the deal.

So, who's in?

If there is no interest it will just die on the vine so to speak.

Regards

Adam
Interesting.

How did you get a set for $120? Was that used?

Ryan

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ag02M5 said:
Interesting.

How did you get a set for $120? Was that used?

Ryan
You in or out? :)

Seriously, I picked up a pre-owned, but never opened pair on the for sale board here. The post is there about 4-5 weeks back.

A

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, NyLock nut and a hex socket head bolt (needs less clearance and allows the thicher material to be used and still fit in the factory hole.)

Just like the expensive ones.

Thanks guys-

Two more members had indicated an interest on a prior thread- I PM'd them and we'll see where the interest lies...

A

·
Registered
262 Posts
still interested. count me in.

-joe

·
Registered
635 Posts
What is the turn around time?

Regards,

Marion

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am estimating 10-14 days from when I give him a final count. He wants to do all the anodizing and tumbling as one lot. I am guessing we will have 5 pair by monday and he can start on that. Once he programs the CNC it is pretty simple.

I will get a definite date on Monday

A

·
Registered
12,926 Posts
cableguy said:
Beastpower have reduced their price to $99 per pair. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Sound like Deal of the Decade to me....

C.
I agree. I got mine the last year he cut the price down like this. After putting them one, one less thing to worry about ever breaking. Very stout, never heard of one failing.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
397 Posts
I might be in...

keep me posted....

·
Registered
451 Posts
Adam; I'm still in if you're going to do it, but would like to know if you're not so I can jump on the $99 deal.

Dave

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Isn't competition wonderful?

Go for the $99 deal guys- it makes zero difference to me. I already own a pair.

Let's officially decommission this GB... UNLESS the $99 deal isn't.

Thanks

A

PS Now if only I could copy a Tubi Exhaust.... THAT would be the deal of the century.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hey Ard,

Thanks for putting this together, but I went with the ex-sponsor's $99 special. Please take my name off the list. Competition is wonderful sometimes :byebye:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts