BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought myself a 2005 E60 M5. Would be great to arrange a meet, as I see very few of these.

Anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Was just browsing around, saw "Sussex M5". I was born in Sussex. Lived in Findon Valley for a while until I was 7. Then moved away up to Lincolnshire. Now live in Texas. My mother still lives in Goring-by-Sea, I visit from time to time but don't have the M5 with me LOL.

Really not many M5's there huh.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow. You've certainly moved around a bit.

I live in Rustington now. Had my M5 for around 3 months. Do love her but had the odd issue.

Haven't seen another one in that time either, so yeah definitely rare beasts.

What you driving these days?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I have 3 E39 M5's. Right now I rotate them around depending on what one needs maintenance or work done etc. One I'll probably sell in the next year so I can make room for an E60 M5. They have manual versions of them here in the US! I also have an old land rover I drive and an Acura CL. (Similar to a 2 dr version of a Honda Accord, but with a V6 3.2L motor)

I remember going to Rustington with my dad as a kid, he had friends there. And I think he made deliveries or picked up supplies there for his shop at the time. If you ever go into Findon Valley and the row of shops there, look for Jade Pets on the south end, that used to be my dad's shop back in the 70's! (Was called Jade pets last time I checked)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Interestingly you've just reminded me how rare high end cars are in the UK. I (we're) really are spoiled here in the US and especially around DFW area. I just passed an M5 on the way home this morning. There's usually a meet once a month around these parts where I can find a few fellow M5 owners. I can find parts fairly easily for the M5's here. Over there I be more limited and paying higher prices for my hobby.

And funnily enough I vaguely remember the day I decided I wanted to move to the US was while in Findon, I was 4 or 5 and had just seen an American car (Mustang) and heard the V8. Since that day I always wanted to move here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
late to the party..

I live in Tunbridge Wells so right on the border of East Sussex. I bought an e39 m5 last Christmas...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just seen this havent been on for ages just to let you no theres an m3 meet in croydon if any of you guys are up for it all are welcome as i no couple of people going taking the m5 down there im not sure on numbers as of yet but you can keep an eye on tread on m3 cutters

1 - 12 of 12 Posts