BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Im new here I live in Switzerland one of my back suspension has leaked so I was told I have to replace them both.Can you guys tell me of any good suspension for my M5 like bilstein or any other companie or maybe its better to stay with BMW stock?

Its a 91 E34 M5

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
In my opinion I would stick to the original dampers, if you plan on taking it to the track - then I would consider yellow adjustable Konis with HR springs.

My front dampers both went last week - so I am having new EDC shocks put in with HR springs, so lower at the front 30mm and the rear 10mm - I believe this will provide me with alot of pleasurable driving!

I rode in a 3.6 with original dampers but with the thicker sway bars and HR springs. It handled like a dream with very little body roll. I would not hesitate in sticking to this set up as it would well anywhere.

The rear sway bar you can replace with the Touring sway bar, and there are various people like Whiteline in Australia that do thicker front bars with the bushings, I think they do a 26mm or 27 mm. But I am told its not the diammeter but the metal the bar is made from that gives it its rigidity.

I have a guy here in Sweden who is making me a front sway bar 26mm, but it is supposed to be the stiffest around.

Good luck deciding!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts