BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking on a suspension upgrade (lower car, better looks and better handling without compromising ride) for my M6.
Anybody had Dinan's Stage 2 suspension installed? How good is it? Does it spoil the ride too much?
Thanks,
JC

·
Registered
279 Posts
Follow-up question:
for those who lower their car and/or upgrade suspension... does the front-end grind more when pulling into inclines (driveways, store fronts, etc)?
I have a Tein suspension on my autoX car, and even at the highest setting, the drop makes parking a much more thought evoking process. I would like to lower the M6... but not at the cost of worrying about the front end.

Hope this doesn't distract from AGO's intent on the original post, but augments the feedback :D

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Anybody had Dinan's Stage 2 suspension installed? How good is it? Does it spoil the ride too much?
I have the Dinan Stage 3 including the Monoballs. This is much better than Eibach, and close to stock ride quality. Dinan has published a white paper on the limited M6 suspension travel, and this is likely the major issue with Eibach (or any spring only suspension change).

The Monoballs are a great upgrade, but have been reclassified as a Racing Only product. I suspect there might be noise or durability issues.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have had the Dinan Stage 2 on my car for a couple of months now and I am very happy with it. The ride is firmer, but it's very close to stock. Huge difference in handling though. I also wanted a setup that would lower the car without really ruining the ride. Overall, I think I made the right choice.

Gian - there is about an inch less clearance at the front now so you do have to be more careful when entering driveways or certain other situations. I don't think I have ever scraped the bumper, but sometimes the black plastic under tray scrapes.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Anyone: more info on the Dinan stage 2 susp. Have considered it myself as the beast is not a daily drive ---- my go fast reward. So lowered and a bit stiffer would be okay, plus Dinan sez stock suspension controls remain. So might not piss off the CFO with a tooth-shaking track susp upgrade -- " ...and you paid for this?"

Roger the driveway hazard btw, but I have this now w/o the lowered susp. Learned a few tricks tho: go at the suspect ramps diagonally, set susp to sport (3) and use black duct-tape on the side aero fairings under the nose --- about 5-7 layers -- then the tape gets scraped before the plastic. Finally, these two side pieces can be removed and the full width plastic cover behind is rolled back more from the leading edge. Gives a bit more approach clearance. Dunno what aero I'd lose since I cant do autobahn speeds in the USA. Plus these bits of plastic are over $100 a pop.

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic. Still would like to hear more about Stage 2 susp.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Does any have any pics of there dinan drop?

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Akara how far would you say the drop was?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice, thanks for sharing !
I think I'll go for the stage 2, I had some doubts about tire wear on the camber plates, the previous message confirmed my fears...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Today I'm flipping a coin either stage 2
Or KW's

I just dont like the loss of the edc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
EDC stays on Stage 2 Dinan, right? That is quite convenient and makes the Beast more usable, especially riding with my wife...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yup, the edc stays. For me that is a plus aswell. Seeing as I have a kid seat in the back.

You can do way more adjustments with the KW's
But my understanding is you have go to each corner to do it.

Anyone with KW's how do you adjust the back? Do you have to cut the carpet in the trunk to get to the tops?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Today I'm flipping a coin either stage 2
Or KW's

I just dont like the loss of the edc.
EDC stays on Stage 2 Dinan, right? That is quite convenient and makes the Beast more usable, especially riding with my wife...
It was the EDC that did it for me, too and I couldn't be happier with the stage 2 and the way it works with the EDC. Getting out of the car to manually adjust a coilover just isn't my cup of tea. Hell, I change the EDC every day as I transition from my bumpy, pot-hole laden back road where I live to I-95.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Same here, keeping the EDC was a priority for me. It's nice to be able to adjust the suspension based on the different roads I encounter on a daily basis. The Dinan suspension on this car has the highest WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) of any lowered car i've owned.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts