BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently installed new rims and a suspension kit on my '00 m5. i love how it looks but the ride seems to be so bouncy. can anyone give me some advice on adjusting h & r coilovers? its a beautiful car, but when you start hopping like a honda with blown shocks it is so irritating.

i have met others who dont have any issues in regards to bounce or harshness of ride, never rode in there cars to compare. maybe its normal. some advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

one more thing... what pressure do you set 19 inch rims at?

thanks in advance. :confused:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
The 19' rims should be run around the same pressure as your stock settings car for and what you like to run for handaling and car balance. Usually it is around high 30s to mid 40s psi.

What suspension did you install. Did you put it on the right setting when installing? Many times, people unsuspectingly put the dampers to the most agressive setting and get a jarring ride from it. You may want to dial back the settings. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TCM said:
The 19' rims should be run around the same pressure as your stock settings car for and what you like to run for handaling and car balance. Usually it is around high 30s to mid 40s psi.

What suspension did you install. Did you put it on the right setting when installing? Many times, people unsuspectingly put the dampers to the most agressive setting and get a jarring ride from it. You may want to dial back the settings. Hope this helps.
the actual coilover kit that is installed is h & r, to be honest, i didnt know many things, if any could be adjusted.

if anyone else is running the h & r coilover setup some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thankst for your advice TCM.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
ill_m5 said:
i just recently installed new rims and a suspension kit on my '00 m5. i love how it looks but the ride seems to be so bouncy. can anyone give me some advice on adjusting h & r coilovers? its a beautiful car, but when you start hopping like a honda with blown shocks it is so irritating.

i have met others who dont have any issues in regards to bounce or harshness of ride, never rode in there cars to compare. maybe its normal. some advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

one more thing... what pressure do you set 19 inch rims at?

thanks in advance. :confused:

Did you do a four-wheel alignment and corner balance with the new coil-overs? Also, in tuning the suspension, did your shop road test it extensively (with you in your car) to gauge bounce and joust between the front and rear axles? Do you know what are the firmness settings in the front and rear shocks? Does the car look lower afterwards?

When Ground Control installed my coil-overs, they did ALL of that. I went with a coil over system as I felt the OEM suspension, at 50k miles, was way too bouncy (OEM shocks were toast by then). Especially at high speed over undulating road surface. The new suspsnsion cured all that, and much more. If your new coil-over INCREASES the bounciness, something is definitely wrong. I wish Lcsman or RRoberts can chime in now. They know their stuff a lot more than I do.

Good luck.

CP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts