BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my car and supposedly it has a Hamann suspension kit on it. In reading this forum it doesn't looking like these are common at all so not even sure if this is true. Is there a way I can find out what's in there? Get it up on a lift and have some pro look at it?
Also, when I hit the EDC button I feel no difference in the ride. My 1000 mile trip from Orlando to Houston was pretty rough. I wrote it off to 20" rims and lowered suspension. But now I'm thinking maybe the EDC sensors are just disabled totally. Wouldn't I see something in iDrive though if it were?
Thanks.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hmmm.....good question ....... I have H&R springs and 20's and I can feel the difference between when I turn it on and off....when they say suspension tho......I bet they just meant springs....but yeah, you'll have to get underneath to confirm......

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
You need to have the car up on a lift and checkout the suspension.
So as I understand you bought the car used? You do not know if you have a coilover system? If you do then it would explain the nonfunctioning EDC.
There aren't that many coilover systems for these cars. KW and Moton have coilovers. Bilstein and H&R were supposed to develop coilover systems but haven't yet.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I read about coilovers disabling the EDC sensors or something. It was used and unfortunately I'm just taking the seller's word on what type of suspension it is. Only been a week but I'll have to find some time to take it to a shop to get it looked at. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I would have inspected the car thoroughly before making the purchase.. But that's just me, call me crazy

·
Registered
915 Posts
i don't think hamman makes coil overs yet... you probably just have springs with very low pro tires. use a hand jack and just look at your front tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts