BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Board, as I have just purchased my new 2008 6 speed M5 in Indy Red. Broke the car in properly and now starting the mod process. I will start the mods with suspension work, as the car pushes and rolls considerably. Dinan, Stage 3 is my first consideration but I am curious as to feedback. Also, if anyone knows of an adjustable ride hight suspension like what RUF uses in the GTR, please post.

In terms of exhaust the Kreissieg F1 seems most appealing but curious how this would mate with the Dinan CF airboxes, software and intakes?

Thanks,

Jed

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I think KWV3 is adjustable...
The Kreissig is nice, but very expensive, I think there are better choices out there in terms of power and sound IMO...
Most people like ASR and RPI GT, but people with Eisenmann and Meisterschaft swear by it too (although no power gains)
So many choices! Good luck....

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the Dinan suspension (springs, front roll control and upgraded rear anti roll bar) and it made a substantial difference. Dramatic reduction in body roll, sharper turn in, etc. While you will get comments from others on the springs they have used (and I'm certain many of them are extremely good) I have been very pleased with the Dinan suspension and would recommend it without reservation. I have since added Dinan wheels (9 inch in front and 10 in the rear with 275/30 and 295/30 Michelin PS2's) and those have also increased turn in response, road holding in corners.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
I have Dinan Stage II minus spring (replaced with KWv3 coilover). KWv3 is three way adjustable(height, compression, and rebound). It way more comfortable than any EDC setting, but still performed like a champ on twisty road. Body-roll and understeer big noticable after StageII. I heard all but good thing about StageIII which add camber plate and monoball.

Exhaust? Beside sound, I would also consider power loss/gain. Mix/match combo likely loss power. It very easy to lose power than gain on exhaust. ASR and RPI are two top. I have full RPI exhaust included their headers. For money spent for Kreissieg, I rather get full exhaust+headers.

GL,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks All

In terms of Exhaust, I like the fact the Kreisieg can be adjusted for noise - big help with my wife that complains about my toys. I have my race cars and she feels that its absurd I make my street cars loud - its like pounding nails into concrete to argue the point...basically it is what it is and I try to pick my fights.

Sounds like the Stage 3 Dinan suspension minus the springs is the way to go? What about the dinan air boxes and intake with software...any comments?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

JD

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Let me clarify -- the Kreissig is great, but from what I have heard, the difference between "open" and "closed" is not substantial. Granted, I haven't heard one in person, but from the video clips, there doesn't appear to be much of a difference between the two. I think it will just be "loud" and "sh!t that's loud"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts