BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm a newbie on this board. I have a 2003 M5 with 49K miles on it. Definitely a fun car to drive.
I am experiencing a strange clicking noise in the front passenger suspension area. It seems when I start up the car and go over an uneven bump (like pulling ourt of my driveway and turning) I hear a loud clicking sound coming out of the front passenger side of the car. After it happens once, it seems to go away. Until I park somewhere for a while and start the car back up again... same thing happens again.
Does anyone have any clues what this could be?

Many thanks,
O

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Does the clicking noise sound like a metallic crunching or snapping type noise? My '01 now has almost 70,000 on it and I've taken it in periodically over the last 40k miles and complained about a similar noise and they have not been able to fix it. I thought mine might be coming from the rear end, but am not sure (too much loud music in my life). But I've had lots of suspension parts and new sway brackets etc. replaced and the NOISE is still there. As most know, the sway brackets are particularly flimsy, and some fellow board members have come up with a good replacement part (please email me; lost your address!). No, I didn't wanna get a new M5 b/c of that suspension noise, but I can sure sympathize. When I go in next time I'll note it and see what my extended warranty company and new non-dealer BMW shop has to say about it. Hope it's just a minor irritation to you like me. Cheers and good luck.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts