BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To all M3 CSL owners, please reply with full details about your CSL (Silver Grey or Saphire Black, A/C or no A/C...etc) plus any styling or performance upgrades.

Current M3 CSL owners & board members KSA ///M5, Dirim, and rem...(waiting for your replies)

Various M3 CSL photos

Side view

Front view

Rear view

Rear tire

CSL kats

CSL rear muffler

CSL specific shocks

·
Registered
4 Posts
HIPAD said:
To all M3 CSL owners, please reply with full details about your CSL (Silver Grey or Saphire Black, A/C or no A/C...etc) plus any styling or performance upgrades.

Current M3 CSL owners & board members KSA ///M5, Dirim, and rem...(waiting for your replies)
Silver Grey, AC, delimit:flag: , Michelin Pilot Sport Cup, PDC, radio CD, xenon lights.
6.500 km, 2nd tyre set fitted :cool: .

Something more ? :byebye:

AM

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SL55amg said:
Silver Grey, AC, delimit:flag: , Michelin Pilot Sport Cup, PDC, radio CD, xenon lights.
6.500 km, 2nd tyre set fitted :cool: .

Something more ? :byebye:

AM
Welcome to the M5board AM, and thanks for sharing with us.

You can also upload photos of your CSL using this link

You can check our board member "KSA ///M5" CSL getting a GruppeM exhaust installed & here's a link to Dirim's CSL.

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great shot, and great power slide.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sliver grey, GruppeM exhaust, CF engine cover, Michelin pilot sport cup tires, AC, PDC, radio, CD, xenon lights :cheers:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a Silver Grey CSL, factory delimited, with PDC, Xenons, Rain Sensor, AC, CD Radio. I run Pilot Sport Cups on a set of CSL wheels for the track and Bridgestone S-03s on a seperate set of CSL wheels for the road.

Main modifications are AP discs (356x32) with 6-pot calipers running Pagid RS-19 pads, standard CSL calipers on the rear fitted again with RS-19s. Also Supersprint Race Cats and Supersprint unsilenced centre pipe. Modifications have reduced weight by a further 15kg compared to a standard CSL. Exhaust mods seem to have released a further 10bhp, judged by being able to pull away from standard CSLs on the track..

Laps Donington National Circuit just 5 seconds a lap slower than the average Super Touring Car. :biggrin:

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Scotts35_CSL said:
Main modifications are AP discs (356x32) with 6-pot calipers running Pagid RS-19 pads, standard CSL calipers on the rear fitted again with RS-19s. Also Supersprint Race Cats and Supersprint unsilenced centre pipe. Modifications have reduced weight by a further 15kg compared to a standard CSL. Exhaust mods seem to have released a further 10bhp, judged by being able to pull away from standard CSLs on the track.
Thanks for sharing Scott. Just the right mods in my opinion, however I think it can be further enhanced with a GruppeM titanium rear exhaust (only 4 kg!!)

I'm pleased to know your Supersprint setup made your car faster than a standard CSL. I didn't know (even though I have that same setup as well) it made a big difference.

I'd love to see some photos of your CSL, especially the AP Racing setup.

·
Registered
127 Posts
HIPAD said:
Thanks for sharing Scott. Just the right mods in my opinion, however I think it can be further enhanced with a GruppeM titanium rear exhaust (only 4 kg!!)

I'm pleased to know your Supersprint setup made your car faster than a standard CSL. I didn't know (even though I have that same setup as well) it made a big difference.

I'd love to see some photos of your CSL, especially the AP Racing setup.

I've uploaded photos to my gallery, after approval they should be available to see here: http://www.m5board.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5876

I've been interested in getting the Gruppe M rear box but two things concern me, (1) will it be too loud and (2) will it make any difference to performance or driveability. My exhaust is already much louder than a standard CSL and a friend of mine who fitted Supersprint's latest lightweight rear box was black flagged at Donington for being above the noise limit (he was showing 99db(A) on drive by). I like the Gruppe M sound but I need to be within the noise limits of the tracks I visit..

Do you have any sound clips of the Gruppe M on a CSL?

p.s. the following link contains a video of a standard CSL followed by an M3 Cab with a Gruppe M exhaust lapping Castle Combe Circuit in SW England. It would be nice to hear the combination of Gruppe M on a CSL..

http://www.rc.powell.btinternet.co.uk/CSLvGruppeM.WMV

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scotts35_CSL said:
I've been interested in getting the Gruppe M rear box but two things concern me, (1) will it be too loud and (2) will it make any difference to performance or driveability. My exhaust is already much louder than a standard CSL and a friend of mine who fitted Supersprint's latest lightweight rear box was black flagged at Donington for being above the noise limit (he was showing 99db(A) on drive by). I like the Gruppe M sound but I need to be within the noise limits of the tracks I visit..

Do you have any sound clips of the Gruppe M on a CSL?
I have SS metal kats, SS center pipe and GruppeM rear exhaust, and it is very loud. On the other hand KSA ///M5 only has the GruppeM exhaust on his CSL and it doesn't sound as loud as my car. According to him he felt the car accelerated better than before, and felt the engine revved quicker.

I have a video of my car with the current exhaust setup (acceleration and high speed shots). I’ll try to upload it soon.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gustav said:
Gorgeous pics Scott!

Thanks Gustav. Actually my first name is Steve, I go under the alias steved on bm3w.co.uk also.

HIPAD, it seems that you have the same centre exhaust as my car but with the Gruppe M rear box, whereas I have retained the standard rear box for the moment. My car is so loud that my family can hear me coming from 1-2 miles away, blipping down through the gears and accelerating along the straights. Anyone with a CSL really 'must' fit the SS centre sections - the sound is pure race car. With the Gruppe M box it must sound even better. lovelove

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Steve,

Beautiful shot of your CSL. It's so rare to see a Sapphire Black CSL, although it looks very nice besides your car.

Last night I shot my car doing 220+ km/h on an empty stretch of road. I wasn't driving i let KSA ///M5 drive my car because until last night I didn't know how my car sounded like from the outside. My reaction was :biggrin: lovelove the sound was incredible (very loud but very race like). We also did a shot of his Nismo tuned Nissan Z350 for comparison.

Can't wait to upload the video :biggrin:

·
Moderator Emeritus
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

lovelove I want this kit on my car. Thanks Steve for the pics!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Thanks to HIPAD who reminded me today that I've missed this thread. Better late than never ;)

My CSL is SG with a/c, PDC, radio, Rain Sensor, Bi-xenon.
I've got two sets of CSL wheels, one with Michelin PS2s and one with Cups (currently on). I've found the Cups dreadful in normal city driving but they're in a different league in hi-speed cornering. :7:
My car didn't have factory delimiting because it was ordered by the dealer for the showroom. I've ordered a new ECU as it seems to be the only way to get the delimiter off and keep the warranty after production. Of course, I had to have a racing license. Unfortunately, I've ordered the new ECU 7 weeks ago and still waiting. :confused3 For the brakes; I've have pagids, steel braided hoses and SRF all on the way. I don't plan to make any other mods for the time being unless their performance gain and reliability are proven. And a picture:

More recent pictures are here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286788273 (registration required)

Oh; here is a video clip that I've made while it was still at the dealer (20 MB) http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286789601
Note:One small irritation. This is a Quicktime movie, so you have to rename the extension to .mov before playing. I had to trick Imagestation since it only accepts mpegs.

Cheers,

Ufuk

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Picked up my new CSL yesterday and so have 1250 miles before I can let her go. Am also taking it easy as I will be fitting Armourfend next week to protect the front so dont want to get any chips before then. Spec is as follows:

Silver Grey
Reflex Cloth Laser Amaretta anthracite interior
CSL Alloys with Cups (Also spare CSL Alloys with road tyres)
Xenons
Auto AC
Single CD
Business RDS
Grad Tint Windscreen
Park Distance Control
Rain Sensor
Floor Mats

Will be fitting additional Carbon Fibre trim inside including the steering wheel in the next couple of weeks as well as CF wing mirrors.

This is my first SMG car as my previous M3 was manual. Can see I will have to work a bit harder in this than the SL55 but then thats partly why I switched. Initial impressions are very positive. Steering feel and handling are in another world from the SL. Brakes have far better feel. Need to drive it a lot more before I decide whether the seat needs adjusting. Is it true only the dealer can do this?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts