BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
It’s true people will probably beat the hell out of it if I rent it out so I will start with a smaller budget and try to minimize my risk by being more selective who to rent it to. I know there are other platforms to rent cars beside Turo which I hate. I would have to get top notch commercial auto insurance and find other ways to protect myself like putting in a dash cam and a tracking device so that their activity is being documented.

The E60 M5 to me is the greatest super sedan ever made and I want a fleet of maybe 10 of them with only 6-speed manual and eventually DCT. I will keep two of them for personal use and try to use the rest as a rental income, and also do a restomod on the same level of craftsmanship as Singer Vehicle Design or the FJ Company. This is a project I am working on right now and I’m trying to figure out many different angles to turn this hobby into a thriving and reputable business. I’m also not impressed with the exhaust systems currently available on the market for this car and feel I can make one that is way better, so that is another project which is being added to my list.

My background has nothing to do with cars by the way.
I have several graduate level degrees (MS, MS, MBA) and two of them are in biotechnology and business, which is really my main passion.
I applaud your determination and passion.

Actually your business plan looks better if you manage to score 10 prime examples of 6-speed m5’s.

That would only leave the 150,000 + miles
4+ owners , missing history, mish mash of mods specials

Anyone with a good one is not selling with the exception of forced circumstances or the guy looking for a $40,000+ payday.

There will always be a guy that reads about the S85 lore, wants, to experience it but not take on a open ended project

·
Registered
35 Posts
Save the Manuals!

This is a breakdown of 6MT production; a total of 1364 were built from the factory. I know of at least two Interlagos Blue 6MTs that ended up in the crusher.

View attachment 942082
Mine was originally an SMG so I guess that makes me the 40th Indy red 6 speed unless there are more red manual swaps out there.

Reactions: Fiftytwoeighty
21 - 22 of 22 Posts