BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1381 - 1400 of 1435 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Will,

I think that there are more than 1 silverstone m5 here in Dubai. :hihi:
There's one at the internet city as well.

Also where are the corners???
I can only find lots of speedhumps. I hate them!!

Welcome to the board James.
Please tell us more about the beast you almost own.
What will be the date of that memorable day?

:cheers:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys - no, the car is owned by someone other than the names listed above!! Hopefully the car will be mine in a few days, I just need to arrange the money and transfer ownership. Not a problem, just a question of finding the time really.

The car has been serviced at AGMC for the first 60k, then X Service Centre for the last 40k. Has anyone got any experience with X?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,384
Thanks for the welcome guys - no, the car is owned by someone other than the names listed above!! Hopefully the car will be mine in a few days, I just need to arrange the money and transfer ownership. Not a problem, just a question of finding the time really.

The car has been serviced at AGMC for the first 60k, then X Service Centre for the last 40k. Has anyone got any experience with X?
Just one question, has the car got black painted spokes on the wheels?
WillM5AD

·
Registered
36 Posts
No mate, '99 and the owner is from New Zealand. Hopefully getting it in the next few days - I had the use of it yesterday and just couldn't get enough of it :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats James!!
The car looks nice.

According to picture in the link, looks like the beasts home is the Springs in Emirate Hills.
If that's the case, then you are really familiar with the speed humps, the enemy of the beast!! Wasting brakes and clutch for nothing :grrrrr:.
However, the chicanes (roundabouts) are nice :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
139 Posts
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1026934" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>James_</TD><TD class=alt2>No mate, '99 and the owner is from New Zealand. Hopefully getting it in the next few days - I had the use of it yesterday and just couldn't get enough of it :biggrinbounce:</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I think I spoke to this guy before I bought my car.... has it had a clutch now/recently?

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1026831" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>willm5ad</TD><TD class=alt2>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by James_

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
WillM5AD</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Had good experiences from the X centre myself and also from Tony Edwards.

The car with black wheels was outside Tony Edwards today... about 30 mins ago when I drove by.

With regards to corners..... is there any good bloody roads here?! But to be fair in this heat it's not much fun pushing the car, power is way down in the daytime in this heat!

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1026934" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>James_</TD><TD class=alt2>No mate, '99 and the owner is from New Zealand. Hopefully getting it in the next few days - I had the use of it yesterday and just couldn't get enough of it :biggrinbounce:</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I think I spoke to this guy before I bought my car.... has it had a clutch now/recently?

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1026831" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>willm5ad</TD><TD class=alt2>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by James_

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
WillM5AD</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Had good experiences from the X centre myself and also from Tony Edwards.

The car with black wheels was outside Tony Edwards today... about 30 mins ago when I drove by.

With regards to corners..... is there any good bloody roads here?! But to be fair in this heat it's not much fun pushing the car, power is way down in the daytime in this heat!
Wait till August!

You'll be getting yourself a toyota for everyday use!

·
Registered
36 Posts
<table class="tborder" style="border-top-width: 0px;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr title="Post 1026934" valign="top"><td class="alt1" align="center" width="125">James_</td><td class="alt2">No mate, '99 and the owner is from New Zealand. Hopefully getting it in the next few days - I had the use of it yesterday and just couldn't get enough of it :biggrinbounce:</td></tr></tbody></table>

It has! 'Tis a small world, eh........... :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome new members!

Well it seems some people leave and others join. I think I have a solution to the heat...... my Missus is looking at another car purchase. Might be 4.5lt with 2 good sized turbo's! :7:

That is for her.... The M5 is staying.

Just to make that clear.

·
Registered
62 Posts
mohamad baajour,

I go to UAE to visit some relatives.. but man, the traffic over there is making me mad! but for sure, I'll go again and again and again ....:biggrin:

Ahmed, Beast?:grinyes: it is just a stocky E39 with a a very calm driver.. and Ahmed, I have pictures in my gallery, but I think that u we have a sick admin or who ever is responsible for approving the pictures over here.. they are still pending.. but I'll attach them here.

and added pictures of my 1977 S30 280Z baby, that I thaught of selling but not anymorelovelove

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
and BTW AHmed, the clutch didn't slip the last time I drove the car!? I think it slipped when it was hot or I just forgot my foot on the pedal:p

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Sexy baby!! Nice M5.

I love Silver!

BTW budavid... buy the IATS temperature relocation sensor, it is excellent for performance in the bahrain summer!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice car budavid!!
Also I like the silver Datsun 280Z!
Seems that you appreciate vintage car as well :applause:
I think that the beast will age well too!!

1381 - 1400 of 1435 Posts