BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 1435 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
ehssan_alkhiyami said:
Guys , I guess most of the raders in Dubai can't catch u if u drive over 200 KM/h , we've tried it with a Yamaha R1 Bike on Shaikh Zaid road , less than 200 it works but over 200 it's not .. so I don't know if all the raders are the same or not ....
ehssan that might only work for a bike, i have been flashed a couple of times doing 250km/h driving to AD. It was only 400dhs back then, but now you might get jailed. So be carefull guys.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have Abu Dhabi plates (sponsor company is there) but live in Dubai, so the only pain for me is having to go down there that one day per year getting the registration and car check - oh and of course paying fines. It used to be that they would not bother giving you parking tickets in Dubai with AD plates. Not the case anymore.

What is the link to the AD traffic fine site?

willm5ad said:
Bummer I know they are both over 160kmh cos I have a friend of a friend who is a traffic policeman and he looked on the computer, he told me I need to go to the traffic dept and pay him the 400 AED so it looks thats what I will do, hope Abu Dhabi is not the same as Dubai, we dont get points for speeding and I understand you do in Dubai is that right?
WillM5AD

·
Registered
732 Posts
Jimmy_dubai : here is the link bro http://www.adpolice.gov.ae/en/

M5lust : that's why I'm afraid to try it , i don't wanna put myslef in troubles ..
Thanks god : I have my car for 3 months and 0 fines till now

willm5ad : I wish we could have a meeting over there , the city is great and hotel view is great too .. anyway next time hopefully ..

but guys what about the meeting .. any updates :::???

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey guys,
I spotted a carbon black M5 parked infront a house on alwasel road.Does it by any chance belong to any of you guys on this thread?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Jimmy_dubai said:
Guys we now have another option for buying parts for the M5 here in the UAE. The Guys at Beastpower gave me this address. Worth checking out.

BeastPower UAE
Street 3-A, Block 364
Al Qouz, ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com /><st1:City w:st=<ST1:place w:st="on">Dubai</ST1:place></st1:City>
Tel: +971-4-3380779
Fax: +971-4-3380818ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Hi Jimmy,

its the other way round Tel: +971-4-3380818
Fax: +971-4-3380779
there was a mixup .

·
Registered
238 Posts
Jimmy_dubai said:
Seems like a very good price.. If I would have waited I could have had 3 M5's instead of just the one. Then again 3x the maintenance headaches too.
yeah i think its a fair price , note that the car is imported from Germany.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Jimmy_dubai said:
I have Abu Dhabi plates (sponsor company is there) but live in Dubai, so the only pain for me is having to go down there that one day per year getting the registration and car check - oh and of course paying fines. It used to be that they would not bother giving you parking tickets in Dubai with AD plates. Not the case anymore.

What is the link to the AD traffic fine site?
Jimmy you can do all that in Al-Samha you dont have to go all the way to AD.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi! AWESOME job, very very very happy. I was a bit worried that where the balck meets silver would be inconsistent, or flaky, nope, perfect! I brought my camera to take pics, and of course, the battries are completely dead, so they're on the charger, will post pics, ASAP... (Sorry :crying2: )

As for the everything else, very good service from Sureesh, A+ guy.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
ehssan_alkhiyami said:
Jimmy_dubai : here is the link bro http://www.adpolice.gov.ae/en/

M5lust : that's why I'm afraid to try it , i don't wanna put myslef in troubles ..
Thanks god : I have my car for 3 months and 0 fines till now

willm5ad : I wish we could have a meeting over there , the city is great and hotel view is great too .. anyway next time hopefully ..

but guys what about the meeting .. any updates :::???
The Bahrain meeting will probably be some time next year, a lot of organizing to do before that comes off especially on Ahmed's side, we have to sort out insurance visa's etc.
I did suggest a meeting in Al Ain but no takers,it would be nice to have our first meet there in my opinion, but make sure your cars are up to the drive up Jebel Hafeet it is some drive believe me and the cars can get hot on the way up as you know my 850 had to stop on the way up to cool down but then they do have problems with the heat anyway.
Ramadan will be over probably round the 2-3rd November I would like to have a meet somewhere after that time how about Friday 4th? Better on a Friday cos both AD and DXB are on holiday at that time. The rainbow sheik's car museum is also a good place to get together then we could take pics of our cars outside the Emirates Palace Hotel, great photo location see my album pics.
So come on guys lets do something!
WillM5AD

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am in as I have never been there! Even if we get a few cars.

Jimmy
willm5ad said:
The Bahrain meeting will probably be some time next year, a lot of organizing to do before that comes off especially on Ahmed's side, we have to sort out insurance visa's etc.
I did suggest a meeting in Al Ain but no takers,it would be nice to have our first meet there in my opinion, but make sure your cars are up to the drive up Jebel Hafeet it is some drive believe me and the cars can get hot on the way up as you know my 850 had to stop on the way up to cool down but then they do have problems with the heat anyway.
Ramadan will be over probably round the 2-3rd November I would like to have a meet somewhere after that time how about Friday 4th? Better on a Friday cos both AD and DXB are on holiday at that time. The rainbow sheik's car museum is also a good place to get together then we could take pics of our cars outside the Emirates Palace Hotel, great photo location see my album pics.
So come on guys lets do something!
WillM5AD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Guys!

I have been asleep for a while, but I am here in Saudi Arabia (I guess this is still Middle East! :thumbsup:), going to Bahrain :wroom: on a regular basis (BlackM5, sorry I wanted to call you some time ago the summer but I went for leave and business trips).

Anyway, I have my beast up and running and ready to go for a meeting! Hope to see you soon. (PS: It takes me 6hrs from Khobar to Dubai WTC on my CBR1000RR).

Cheers.

81 - 100 of 1435 Posts