BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1435 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
M5lust said:
Hi guys am in, depending on the time and place.

after EID is a good idea,the weather might be a bit cooler (dream on ) kinggf
I would love to go to Bahrain it would be great, but I think with the cars it will be a logistical nightmare as the first meet for us UAE boys, just my 2 cents.
1 Visas for Saudi and Bahrain
2 28 hours driving round trip
3 Insurance cover for both Saudi and Bahrain
4 Breakdown cover for both countries
5 Spare tyres for anyone seriously playing in Bahrain
7 Would be at least a four day trip

If we were to go I would need to fly there and leave my car at home which kind of defeats the object.
We all know the Bahrain guys would do us proud but it seems a lot of planning for our first meeting
WillM5AD

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Where there's a will, there's always a way!

I believe we should take it slowly and plan in just right! Everything can be worked out and is not as complicated as it may appear!

I hope you fellas do some research from your end regarding insurance, transport etc. As far as immigration matters are concerned, I am sure we can work things out from our end! ( Abdulla any ideas? )

My recommendations would be do book the track for early december. I know some of you expat will be heading home for christmas, so i beleive first week of december wuold be ample time for preparations, weather would be perfect and the festive moods would have kicked in my then!!!

Keep your PM's coming in, I will be sending out updates constantly so no one is un-informed!

Cheers

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would be in ,however,I have a few commitments around October,November.My days off in Dubai are all over the place. It would be good to catch up for a talk about the Bahrain trip.The hotel is the Le Meridien Al Aqua Beach Resort in Fujairah ( sorry had the spelling wrong Will ).Might be fun to drive through the tunnel.Liwa is also great I have been there a few times during the UAE Desert Challenge.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree. The drive to Fujairah is nice and won't occupy more than a day for anyone living in UAE. Wives and kids if applicable could be dropped off at Al Aqua while we look for some open roads to play on.

Oman residents may want to get in on this as well.

Jimmy

dunerider said:
I would be in ,however,I have a few commitments around October,November.My days off in Dubai are all over the place. It would be good to catch up for a talk about the Bahrain trip.The hotel is the Le Meridien Al Aqua Beach Resort in Fujairah ( sorry had the spelling wrong Will ).Might be fun to drive through the tunnel.Liwa is also great I have been there a few times during the UAE Desert Challenge.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ahmed said:
... think its around 10 to 14 hours non stop driving!!!!

10 to 14 my *** .. it takes only 8 hours max depending on your speed ... I always drive to dubai and it takes me only 7 hours .....

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Jimmy_dubai said:
I agree. The drive to Fujairah is nice and won't occupy more than a day for anyone living in UAE. Wives and kids if applicable could be dropped off at Al Aqua while we look for some open roads to play on.

Oman residents may want to get in on this as well.

Jimmy
Fujeira sounds good to me too for our first meet, we could meet on Emirates road somewhere and go together. The Bahrain trip sounds great but needs a fair bit of planning before and we could discuss this and give Ahmed a date for him to work on also. My missus is bugging me to go to Dubai this weekend onFriday so it would be nice to meet if anybody is available for a chat perhaps at the Hilton Hotel near the Dubai Marina at say 6pm when the restaurant is open. Anybody interested in having dinner there I can make reservations let me know guys asap if this is convenient, or any other place no problems.
Seems like most of you guys are around the Um Suqeem area maybe the Jumeira Beach Hotel would be more convenient?
WillM5AD

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
OK guys

So far I've got the follownig members who have given me their email addresses and are interesting in being updated about this meet!

Jimmy_dubai
ttboyvanc
M5lust
willM5ad
Black M5
BRN64666

Again, if you are interested and think that you will be able to make it ( atleast 60% sure ), then please do shoot me your email address by PM so that i can keep you on the list for updates and bulletins!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
willm5ad said:
Welcome to the board M5_dxb got any pictures?
WillM5AD
Anybody know if I can get the Aaxis Ultimate pads anywhere in the UAE? If not I dont mind importing them as I am near to the flat spots now and time for a change, also I could do with my discs skimming, a bit of a crust on the edge:crying2: . Any good garages in UAE can do this?
I would hate to give them to a cowboy as I am worried about future warping.
WillM5AD

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Updated list

Jimmy_dubai
ttboyvanc
M5lust
willM5ad
Black M5
BRN64666
SA-M5

·
Registered
28 Posts
willm5ad said:
Welcome to the board M5_dxb got any pictures?
WillM5AD
Sorry I dont have any pic yet..actually my car is Blue 540iA 2000 with M style body kit ...

I have inquiry regarding navigation CD..is it possible to install in my car (not wide screen)? or any available new software?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
M5_dxb said:
Sorry I dont have any pic yet..actually my car is Blue 540iA 2000 with M style body kit ...

I have inquiry regarding navigation CD..is it possible to install in my car (not wide screen)? or any available new software?
My car is not wide screen either 2000 model, anything is possible I guess, try a search sorry I am not qualified to advise you, plenty of techys on here who will though. Have you got a number on your car door? I saw one in Dubai a while ago.
WillM5AD

·
Registered
28 Posts
willm5ad said:
My car is not wide screen either 2000 model, anything is possible I guess, try a search sorry I am not qualified to advise you, plenty of techys on here who will though. Have you got a number on your car door? I saw one in Dubai a while ago.
WillM5AD
No numbers on my door ...never seen it in Dubai...thanks for your reply ..

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
M5_dxb said:
No numbers on my door ...never seen it in Dubai...thanks for your reply ..
Pleased to hear that cos that one looked tacky hmmm and was behind me flashing so had to give my beast a bit of a squeeze - bye lol, welcome to the board, would be nice to see a non-M5 with M5 body kit so put some pics up if you have them.
Do you have OEM M5 wheels or aftermarket wheels? Have you had the quad exhaust fitted?
WillM5AD

21 - 40 of 1435 Posts