BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1435 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen quite a number of UAE and Bahrain beasts on the board just wondered how many in the middle east with a view to a possible meet after Ramadan.
WillM5AD

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
One right here :byebye:

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttboyvanc said:
I'm in too, Dubai!:byebye:
Been looking on the map for somewhere to stay closer to Ahmed (We all wanna see the black beast) as we will find it a PITA for Visa's for Saudi and Bahrain, so I thought it might be sensible to stay somewhere close to the Saudi border whilst still in the UAE.
Any ideas guys? Looked for Accra and only found Barbados and Ghana seems a bit of a drive:wroom: .
I know it may sound selfish as it is only a short drive for me but Liwa has a nice hotel, some awesome dune driving (not in M5's) and of course The Rainbow Sheiks car museum will be of interest, on the Liwa - Abu Dhabi road (although there are no BMW's there to be honest - chiplogicpower might get us an invitation to see the special collection?). But then again the road is awesome for pedal to the metal fans.
What about your weekends? Mine is Thursday Friday I guess the Dubai guys are Friday Saturday? How about Bahrain?
Al Ain might be another choice, awesome road up the mountain at Jebel Hafeet and nice hotel on the top, a visit to ChipLogic might be a good idea also, they have a great reputation with M cars.
WillM5AD

·
Registered
362 Posts
Count me in buddy.... :flag:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
willm5ad said:
What about your weekends? Mine is Thursday Friday I guess the Dubai guys are Friday Saturday? How about Bahrain?
Currently its thursday friday but there is a chance it might be friday saturday if the majority of employess vote for it

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Listen guys!

If the majority of the middle east M5ers are willing to either drive to Bahrain, or have their cars transported to bahrain for the weekend, i can arrange for the Bahrain International Circuit to make all the arrangements! Track day out, drifting show, drag strip use, lunch and dinner etc..

I can also contact our local magazine Arabia Motors to cover the whole event and do all the necessary arragnements for extra entertainment through out the weekend!!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Excellent idea Ahmed.

We can have it before the end of October or in the second half of Novmeber or later. I will be gone on the 31st for a hip operation and i will be walking on cruches for 6 weeks :crying2:

that doesnt mean i cant use my feet to operate the beast in the meantime :noSMG:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
willm5ad said:
as we will find it a PITA for Visa's for Saudi and Bahrain
you dont need a visa to enter Bahrain if you have been a resident for the past 6 months in any country in the Gulf

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
hip operation?????? you mean no sex for 6 weeks????? sorry for ya bro!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'd be in, depending on the timing! If we wanted our M5's there, I believe us UAE guys can get a transit Visa thru Saudi, would actually be kinda cool to drive thru, no?

Anyways, sounding like a cool weekend in Bahrain!

·
Registered
214 Posts
That sounds awesome! I've never driven through Saudi, but I wouldn't mind doing it in an M5 convoy.

Jimmy

Ahmed said:
Listen guys!

If the majority of the middle east M5ers are willing to either drive to Bahrain, or have their cars transported to bahrain for the weekend, i can arrange for the Bahrain International Circuit to make all the arrangements! Track day out, drifting show, drag strip use, lunch and dinner etc..

I can also contact our local magazine Arabia Motors to cover the whole event and do all the necessary arragnements for extra entertainment through out the weekend!!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jimmy_dubai said:
That sounds awesome! I've never driven through Saudi, but I wouldn't mind doing it in an M5 convoy.

Jimmy
Sounds great but I think it would be a long drive until this is built.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=168100

I have been to Saudi before Mecca Medinah and Jeddah but not the eastern side so dont know anything about the services etc.

Where do we get the bridge to Bahrain?
Its 600 miles as the crow flies round trip so gotta be over 1,000 miles by road.
Could be quite logistically difficult but at least worth a meet to discuss it maybe in Dubai?
WillM5AD

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
My advice to all UAE/Kuwait and Oman residents would be to have your cars put on a trailer and transported to bahrain and take a flight over, then take delivery of it at the bahrain/saudi causeway entry point.

Its quite a journey from dubai to bahrain... think its around 10 to 14 hours non stop driving!!!

Guys.. would you all do me a favour? Could you each PM me your emails. As soon as we get enough guys together for a weekend get together, i'll take care of the rest!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahmed said:
My advice to all UAE/Kuwait and Oman residents would be to have your cars put on a trailer and transported to bahrain and take a flight over, then take delivery of it at the bahrain/saudi causeway entry point.

Its quite a journey from dubai to bahrain... think its around 10 to 14 hours non stop driving!!!

Guys.. would you all do me a favour? Could you each PM me your emails. As soon as we get enough guys together for a weekend get together, i'll take care of the rest!
What about customs etc transporting our cars without us owners?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I think if we make a vote on when and where we want the meet to be.

I suggest to have it in Bahrain taking advantage of the BIC (good idea Ahmed), I like it. and to have it after EID holiday may be to give Abdullah amble time to excercise his hip. (sorry abdullah... :blink: )

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi guys am in, depending on the time and place.

after EID is a good idea,the weather might be a bit cooler (dream on ) kinggf

1 - 20 of 1435 Posts