BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Okay guys.... UPDATE and I want your opinion on dates for the gathering.......

Hi Guys,
Thus far we have a head count of 33 people who have responded/shown interest in having this M5 meet. By the time it takes place, Im sure the head count will be even higher. I feel confident this will be a great turnout!
Here's the situation guys, at this point, I've recieved replies from everyone, and on that note, here's the deal...........
In terms of yes & no attendance ratio, its 45% yes for my mentioned meet date and 55% no (can't make it due to Thanksgiving holiday commitments).
So my original gathering date I feel is dead and not worth doing on the mentioned dates. I do however have a new date and I think it will be conducive to all of us. Im thinking of, HAVING THE GATHERING DURING THE FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER, December 8th through 11th.
If we get together during the week, the gathering will be at my dealership, during the evening period from 6PM on. I say this for two main reasons,
1. Most everyone works during the weekday and can not be free to get together during the day time hours.
2. Since the meet will be at my dealership, the service dept. is certainly one area where we will congregate but the service dept will not be available until after 6PM. So if we decide to do this during the work week, it would have to be during the evening period.
We can also get together during the weekend on Saturday or possibly Sunday but Im not sure with Sunday at this point in time. If the gathering takes place on the weekend we can obviously meetup at the dealership during the day and have a great time. I will have food and beverages for you guys, so no one will be hungry at the M5 meet.
Now, here is where I need your input & help. Here's my question to ALL of you, based on what I've described, what date would be best for you, keeping in mind the time frame of the gathering (during the week it will be in the evening) (weekend will be at daytime period). Please reply back to this thread with your verdict/answer
Obviously the weather will also play a role in our get together. As long as there is no inclement weather, we will be good to go! Feel free to PM me or telephone me at
1-845-425-2600 Ext. # 321.

Thank you Guys!
Robert :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Re: Okay guys.... UPDATE and I want your opinion on dates for the gathering.......

I would vote for weekend because alot of guys are comming from far distances so they would need ample drive time.

And also nightime takes away from viewing other members cars.

Marion

FAST 5 said:
Hi Guys,
Thus far we have a head count of 33 people who have responded/shown interest in having this M5 meet. By the time it takes place, Im sure the head count will be even higher. I feel confident this will be a great turnout!
Here's the situation guys, at this point, I've recieved replies from everyone, and on that note, here's the deal...........
In terms of yes & no attendance ratio, its 45% yes for my mentioned meet date and 55% no (can't make it due to Thanksgiving holiday commitments).
So my original gathering date I feel is dead and not worth doing on the mentioned dates. I do however have a new date and I think it will be conducive to all of us. Im thinking of, HAVING THE GATHERING DURING THE FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER, December 8th through 11th.
If we get together during the week, the gathering will be at my dealership, during the evening period from 6PM on. I say this for two main reasons,
1. Most everyone works during the weekday and can not be free to get together during the day time hours.
2. Since the meet will be at my dealership, the service dept. is certainly one area where we will congregate but the service dept will not be available until after 6PM. So if we decide to do this during the work week, it would have to be during the evening period.
We can also get together during the weekend on Saturday or possibly Sunday but Im not sure with Sunday at this point in time. If the gathering takes place on the weekend we can obviously meetup at the dealership during the day and have a great time. I will have food and beverages for you guys, so no one will be hungry at the M5 meet.
Now, here is where I need your input & help. Here's my question to ALL of you, based on what I've described, what date would be best for you, keeping in mind the time frame of the gathering (during the week it will be in the evening) (weekend will be at daytime period). Please reply back to this thread with your verdict/answer
Obviously the weather will also play a role in our get together. As long as there is no inclement weather, we will be good to go! Feel free to PM me or telephone me at
1-845-425-2600 Ext. # 321.

Thank you Guys!
Robert :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Marion,
Your absolutely right. The weekend it is. Saturday is the best day. Once again guys, there will be tons of food, pizza, sandwiches, soda for all to enjoy. No need to drive anywhere for lunch, since food will be here all day for the M5 meet. Guys I need confirmations to get an accurate head count for Sat. December. 11th, 2004. Please respond or get in touch with me. The sooner the beter.
Thanks.
Robert :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
Packanack Lake, Wayne New Jersey......but I moved to California... hmmm hiha

No more M5 either......I guess I don't belong in this thread... hiha hiha :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
FAST 5 said:
Marion,
Your absolutely right. The weekend it is. Saturday is the best day. Once again guys, there will be tons of food, pizza, sandwiches, soda for all to enjoy. No need to drive anywhere for lunch, since food will be here all day for the M5 meet. Guys I need confirmations to get an accurate head count for Sat. Nov. 11th. Please respond or get in touch with me. The sooner the beter.
Thanks.
Robert :cheers:
Do you mean Sat Dec 11th? or ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,482 Posts
Saturday the 11th of December. See you all there! Just need an address and a time and I'll be there with bells on. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Great news boys........ Dave Z. will be in the house!

DZeckhausen said:
Saturday the 11th of December. See you all there! Just need an address and a time and I'll be there with bells on. :)

Excellent news Dave! After you sent me the previous message, I realized what you stated was ssoooo true, re: holiday commitments. So this new date is working out with everyone, Im happy to say!!! :15:

Full details will come on Monday. I'll post all the necessary information onto this thread, for all to read. This could be the best North East M5 gathering ever! :1: :1: :1: :1: :1:
Robert

PS Anyone who know of any 540i owners or M3 owners, please tell them, they are welcome to attend.
PPS Someone has to bring a good digital video camera and film this event & digital PICS, so both video and PICs can be posted onto the M5 message board. Who is up for this task? Thanks guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Redding CT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Congrats on your new BEAST!! Welcome to the Board.


Marion
twells said:
Fort Lee, NJ (just got the beast on Friday!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Additional information regarding the M5 meet...........

Hi Guys,
This event is going to be one to remember! I can tell you the BMW magazine known as ROUNDEL will be present at this M5 gathering, to do a full story on the event, the E39 M5 and their owners. Tons of photos wil be taken and put into the Roundel magazine as part of the story!!! Since this event has gotten off the ground as a result of Gustav's message board, I offered him free advertising by placing a www.m5board.com banner into the dealership showroom(s) so the Roundel photgrapher can take pictures of the M5board.com banner and it would be seem by thousands, who read/see the magazine. Gustav doesn't have a banner to send me. here is where I and Gustav need your help. Can anyone make a banner for Gustav. He offered to pay the person who makes the banner, so I could get a hold of it. Here is the link so you can read his comment: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=485651#post485651

Can anyone help out please???

Get in touch with Gustav and me please!!!
Thanks so much.
Robert :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
also.......................

On the day of the meet, I will be giving away Dinan related prizes, by doing a no charge free raffle contest!
Other surprise prizes will be given to certain guys. I can say no more about this. hehehehe.......... :hihi:

Thanks Guys!
Robert :M5thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
235 Posts
Re: also.......................

Sweet .. I sorta stopped looking at this thread since I wasn't going to be able to make the meet, but with a reschedule .. I'm there :)
 
41 - 60 of 128 Posts
Top