BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No I don’t, I have the 70mm SuperSprint Section 2 with straight through style Resonators and it’s a fantastic piece, we’ll built and designed, and decent value for the money as well IMHO.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The more I look at it, it looks like mine are the same, right side hanging lower:

My OCD just kicked in and gonna have to measure mine. Could just be the angle I took my pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
267 Posts
The more I look at it, it looks like mine are the same, right side hanging lower:

My OCD just kicked in and gonna have to measure mine. Could just be the angle I took my pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do you think it was so bad that it would have had ground clearance issues?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a chance to recheck and mine are pretty even, it was just the angle of my picture making it look like that.

They’re pretty tucked in wouldn’t have any clearance issues.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Update... SuperSprint in Italy has been replying to my requests for assistance, and my recommendation for a new RH side section one. I have not talked to the local distributor for a while as it's not their fault.

They've been pretty thorough and have asked a lot of questions, and I've been measuring things on both the 2006 SMG car and the 2007 MT6 car, as their concern was that the chassis dimensions were lower on the RH side. I will update things as soon as I find out, glad I used a lot of anti-seize to assemble the system, which sounds perfect by the way.

System is currently assembled and installed/adjusted on the 2007 MT6 car, and FAMS sent me the updated ECU with the forced induction programming, so I'm back on the road finally after quite a few months (need to adjust the new BG coilovers and some alignment work after the Turner monoball arms installs).

All torqued up: The gaps between the (good) LH side section 1 are perfect, about 10mm-12mm in most areas with adjustment available. The (poor) RH side clears 32mm in the tightest area near the tranny mounts, and about 40mm overall, adjusted as close as possible... with the forward side as far up and forward as it goes, and the new exhaust gasket/seal area relieved on both sections closer to the OEM profile for improved interface to the seal and tighter to the header flanges.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts