BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I was just browsing Beastpower's site and came across a new muffler offering - Supersprint Race Mufflers for our E39s.

I love my X-pipe + backbox set up now, but I would love to know what the race version sounds like. Has anybody installed this or does anyone have plans to do so?

The cans are supposed to be significantly lighter and obviously, louder than the "regular" Supersprint set up.

I would imagine that they recommend an X-pipe install with these mufflers, but it does not say. Perhaps the X-pipe and the race mufflers would be too loud and they only recommend having the race mufflers on in conjunction with the stock resonator.

The only downside I can see is that the tips are 70mm in diameter, not the massive 90mm tips that the "regular" version has. I like the huge cannons much, MUCH more. The oval design is interesting too, however. I think the stock tips are only 73mm in which case, these pipes may be smaller than stock! :nono:

-Matthew

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have the full SS set-up on my Z8. There is a vid of it floating around on this board. I think you can find it in the threat "another M5 dropped of at Discovery Automotive. Also it is on D/As website in the project Z8 section. Sounds great and is a solid build. The cans for the M5 are slightly different though.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Matthew..Chris over at Supersprint NA has provided info in the Vendor/group buy section about these very rear silencers.

They suggest that persons do not use the xpipe if going with headers/cats as the sound would be more than likely louder than anyone would like. If not using the headers/cats...using the xpipe is recommended.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have stock headers and stock cats.

Only mods on the car are the X-pipe and the cans...

X-pipe plus Race mufflers... too loud? Hmmm... Too bad they don't put MAGNUM tips on these things!

-Matthew

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, in any case... someone with the "street" version needs to get the race version and do a writeup on the difference STAT!

·
Registered
487 Posts
MT JTN said:
Well, in any case... someone with the "street" version needs to get the race version and do a writeup on the difference STAT!

...and some sound bytes.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have the full SS system...headers, X-pipe and racing cats and mufflers. The sound is just beautiful! It is not "too" loud. The back burble when you let off the gas is delicious sounding!

:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts