BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had already installed the X pipe, so I added the SuperSprint mufflers (Magnum) with the large round tips to my M5. My first impression is that they are not as loud as I expected. I thought they would be booming, almost thunder sounding, and they are basically just slightly louder than what I had before.

I had added the X pipe over a year ago. That first change to the X pipe allowed me to hear the engine where as with the stock set up the car was totally silent. With the stock mufflers now gone, it is only a little louder inside the car. There is no drone at all. Outside the car, the sound can be described as a slightly lower tone than before with some additional authority behind it. The mufflers look really cool - huge round chrome tips - larger and thicker ends than the stock tips. I would guess that they are very different sounding than the Tubis. Evosport had them in stock and were offering them at a very competitive year end price (less than half the the sale price of the Tubis).

I would say they are a mellow sound for anyone who wants an upgrade that is not to loud. They do appear to made of very high quailty materials and they fit perfect. The install took a little over an hour.

·
Registered
680 Posts
They are certainly not LOUD. They are nowhere near obnoxious, that's for sure. On a cold start however, they change to sound much more aggressive. Sometimes I actually wish that they would stay as loud as they are on cold starts all the time, but maybe it would get old.

You also need to give them a chance to break in, friend. There is a NOTICEABLE difference from stock - although admitedly, I went from stock system in its entirety to full Supersprint system, not stock + X-pipe - and as the system breaks in you will see. It is much lower in tone, and it burbles and roars.

I love it. Sometimes I actually wish it was a little bit louder, but this is also always from inside the car. I haven't really heard them from outside and chances are that they are much louder outside.

-Matthew

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
while the certainly will become louder with more miles...the super sprints are about as loud as the B&B's without the xpipe. Dont expect much more volume although they will deepen a bit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts